Graphics cards help PC users enjoy flawless graphics when playing games, watching movies, and performing other tasks. Where games and movies are software and graphics cards are hardware, an updated graphics driver helps build a connection between the hardware and software. Without drivers, the Intel Iris Xe Graphics card won’t work as intended and will only use Windows generic drivers.
Therefore, Intel keeps releasing driver updates to add more features to its graphics card. This ensures your graphics card works properly. If you want to enjoy additional features or your Intel graphics card is giving issues, you’ll need to update the Intel Iris Xe graphics driver to the latest version.
This post will discuss the best ways to update Intel Graphics cards.
Ways to Download Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver?
You can update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver using the three methods listed below. You can go through each method or simply pick the one you like.
If you are short on time, you can use the automatic method to update drivers. For this, you can try using Advanced Driver Updater. To download this fantastic tool, click the button below.
To learn more about how to use Advanced Driver Updater, click here to jump to the section.
Method 1 – Automatic Method (Recommended) – Use Advanced Driver Updater
A third-party driver updater tool like Advanced Driver Updater is the best way to update drivers without damaging the system.
The utility scans the system for outdated drivers and displays the new version. Furthermore, it automatically detects OS details and driver information. This aids in the installation of the right driver update.
Follow the steps below to update the Intel Iris Xe graphics driver using Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Open the tool to run the scan.
3. Click Start Scan Now.
4. Let the scan run. Select the Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver from the list and update drivers.
The trial version lets you update one driver at a time, but the registered version allows you to update all outdated drivers with a click.
It also has a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Read Also: How to Download and Install AMD SMBus Driver
5. Let the process finish, and then reboot the PC to apply changes.
You may now use the extra capabilities of the Intel Iris Xe graphics driver.
Method 2 – Updating Driver Via Device Manager
This method is part automatic and part manual. Device Manager, the inbuilt tool Microsoft provides, helps update drivers from the Microsoft Server. To use it, follow these steps and update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. This will open the Device Manager window displaying the installed drivers list. Look for the Display Adapters option > double click to expand it > right click on the Intel Iris Xe Graphics > Update driver from the context menu.
3. The Device Manager will now open another window. Here select, Search automatically for drivers and wait for updates on the Microsoft server to download/install it for you. However, if you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” use the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update option.
4. Once that is done, restart your PC after the update finishes.
Method 3 – Updating Driver Via the Intel Website
The last method to update the Intel Iris Xe driver is to visit the official website and update the driver. For this, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the Intel Official Download Center.
2. Click on Graphics under the Select Your Product section.
3. Click on Intel® Graphics – BETA Windows® 10 DCH Drivers.
4. Click on the Download button labeled as igfx_win_100.9862.exe.
5. Once the setup file is downloaded, double-click on it to run the setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. Restart your computer to apply changes.
Intel graphics cards should now be functioning properly.
Q1. How can I open the Intel Iris Xe graphics driver?
- Press Windows + X > select Device Manager.
- Double-click Display adapters to expand the category.
- Select your graphics card.
- Right-click > Properties.
- Click the Driver Tab. Here you can find all the driver information. To update the driver, click Update driver > search for driver update automatically and follow on-screen instructions.
Restart the PC to apply the change.
Q2. Can Intel Iris Xe graphics play GTA V?
Yes. Intel Iris Xe G7 can run GTA V at 1080p 60 FPS on normal settings
Q3. What games will Iris Xe run?
You can run the following games on Iris Xe:
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
Bioshock Infinite RPG
BioShock: The Collection
Counter Strike Global Offensive Prime Status Upgrade
Conclusion – How to Download Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver?
To experience the full benefits of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics card, keep the driver up to date. You may achieve this using any of the three techniques. However, if you want to do it the simplest way possible, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater. This ultimate driver upgrading tool will help update the graphics driver in only a few clicks.
You may reach the support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for any product-related help.