Keeping the device hardware and drivers updated is a must to enjoy uninterrupted device performance. If you face a problem with your Windows 10 touchscreen, and there is no issue with the hardware, then the driver files are outdated or corrupt. This post will teach different ways to update touchscreen drivers and ensure they work properly without giving touchscreen issues like touchpads not scrolling and beyond.
Here are the two best ways to get the latest touchscreen driver for Windows 10.
How To Install a Touch Screen Driver on Windows 10
One can download device drivers manually or automatically. We will cover manual and automatic ways to update touch drivers on Windows 10. It is up to the user to select the method.
Those who want to update the driver manually must have all the information about the device and the operating system. Also, they need some computer skills. Otherwise, downloading an incorrect driver will always be risky, which might affect system performance.
However, if you want to avoid facing this inconvenience, you can switch to the automatic method.
The easiest way to update the touchscreen driver on Windows 10, Windows 11, or older versions of Windows is to use Advanced Driver Updater. Designed by Systweak, this excellent driver updating tool automatically scans details about the operating system. It lists outdated drivers, leaving it up to the user to update or not update outdated drivers. Moreover, for safety reasons, the tool takes a backup of old drivers, and the paid version comes with technical support and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
2 Best Ways To Get Touch Screen Driver For Windows 10 Updated
1. Automatically Updating Touch Screen Drivers (Recommended)
If you fear downloading an incorrect driver or you don’t have the required technical skills, time, and patience, you can quickly get a touchscreen driver for Windows 10 using Advanced Driver Updater.
To update drivers, you can use the paid or trial version. You can update all outdated drivers using the Pro version in just 2 clicks. However, using the trial version, you must update each driver individually. Here’s how to use Advanced Driver Updater and update the touchscreen driver on Windows 10.
1. You’ll first need to install the tool on your Windows. To do so, click the button below and download Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Double-click the setup file to install the driver updater, then launch it to scan the PC.
3. Click Start Scan Now and let the scan complete.
4. Thereafter, review scan results and look for outdated touchscreen drivers for Windows 10.
5. To automatically download and install all the compatible driver updates, click Update All. However, if you use the trial version, you will be redirected to the purchase page. If you don’t want to pay right now, you can use the FREE version to update one driver at a time by clicking Update driver against each update.
6. Wait for the update process to finish.
7. Once done, restart the PC and see if the problem should be resolved.
No worries if you don’t want to use a driver updating tool. You can go for manual steps to download the Windows 10 touchscreen driver.
2. Manually updating touchscreen driver on Windows 10 Via Device Manager
You can manually update the driver by using the Device Manager or visiting the manufacturer’s official website. Again, it is up to the user to choose the method.
To update the touchscreen driver from the manufacturer’s website, ensure you know the device model number and have operating system details, and then follow these steps:
1. Visit the manufacturer’s website and fill in all the details to search for the driver.
2. Download the correct drivers for your system.
3. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
4. Restart the system to apply changes to Windows 10 touchscreen. It should now work fine.
To update via Device Manager, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the Quick Access menu.
2. Double-click on the Human interface devices category to expand it.
3. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen > click Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to look for updates. If updates are detected, they will be installed in the background.
5. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Now, try to use the touchscreen. It should work without any issues.
Bonus Tip – Enable the Touchscreen in Windows 10
Sometimes, when the touchscreen is disabled, you might face issues. Here’s how to enable touchscreen in Windows 10
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and click the Enter key.
3. Double click Human Interface Devices and then select HID-compliant touch screen.
4. Click the Action tab > Select Enable device > confirm the action.
Note – If multiple touchscreen devices are on the list, you need to repeat the steps to enable all.
Now try to use the touchscreen you should not be disappointed.
Wrap-Up – Update Windows 10 Touchscreen Driver
We hope we answered how to install the touch screen driver on Windows 10. You can use any of the methods to update the driver; however, if you are short on time or are looking for an easy way to update drivers, go with Advanced Driver Updater. It is the best utility and the quickest way to update drivers.
In case you face any problems using the tool, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to drop us a comment if you have any further questions.