Don’t know how to get the latest compatible drivers for AMD products? Read the post, to learn how to use the AMD Auto Detect Driver tool & other proven methods.
Advanced Micro Devices aka AMD, popular for its graphics and processor series is a semiconductor company that provides processing units, chipsets, and similar products. Usually, an outdated driver is behind the issues you face with the AMD Radeon graphics, AMD Ryzen chipset. Therefore, to avoid encountering such problems keeping AMD drivers updated is recommended. To perform this task quickly and easily, you can try using Advanced Driver Updater. It is an advanced tool designed for Windows that helps detect and update outdated and corrupted drivers.
Moreover, you can use the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool. It is an application designed to detect the model of AMD devices. The tool displays the latest compatible driver updates for Windows 7 & 10 64-bit.
To understand how the tool and other methods work, read the article and update AMD drivers quickly and easily.
What is a Device Driver?
A device driver is a piece of software that helps devices communicate with the operating system. Therefore, when the operating system is updated or upgraded drivers also need to be updated. This can be either done manually or automatically. Furthermore, as AMD offers Auto-Detect tool if other manufacturers too provide a tool then that can also be used.
Top Ways to Download and Update AMD Driver With Auto-Detect in Windows 11,10,8,7
Method 1: Update AMD driver using the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool
The AMD Driver Auto-detect tool at the time of writing is available for Windows 10/7 64-bit computers equipped with AMD Radeon graphics, AMD Ryzen chipset. This tool auto-detects the model number of AMD devices and the version of the Windows system. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Visit AMD Driver and support page and click Download Now to install the AMD Auto-Detect tool.
2. Follow on-screen instructions to install the tool.
Use the default folder to extract files.
3. Once the setup is completed, the AMD Auto-Detect tool will automatically launch and detect the model AMD Ryzen chipset or AMD graphics.
4. You will now see the latest compatible driver available for your AMD device as shown in the screenshot below:
5. Select the desired drivers and click Install to begin the process.
This will download the appropriate driver package and you will be able to get the updated AMD driver running on your system.
Method 2: Update your AMD driver Automatically Using Advanced Driver Updater
If your device doesn’t meet the requirements of the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool, you can use Advanced Driver Updater. The tool automatically recognizes your system and finds the correct drivers. It is the easiest and simplest method to update outdated AMD drivers automatically.
The difference between Advanced Driver Updater and the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool is that, unlike the AMD Auto-Detect tool, Advanced Driver Updater doesn’t require any specific system requirement. Advanced Driver Updater helps update all outdated drivers and to use it you don’t need to know the system or device details. Also, using the tool minimizes the chances of installing an incorrect driver update.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the trial version or the registered version. However, the registered version allows updating all outdated drivers at once while using the trial version you can update one driver at a time.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater and click the Start Scan Now button. Advanced Driver Updater will start scanning your PC for outdated and problematic drivers.
3. Review scan results and update the driver. If you are using the free version you will have to click the Update driver option next to the AMD graphics driver. However, if you are a registered user you can click Update All to update all outdated drivers in a click.
4. Wait for the driver update to download and install.
5. Restart PC to apply changes.
Even after using Advanced Driver Updater, if you face any problem, you can contact Driver our support team at email@example.com for further assistance regarding the issue. Our support team will assist you to resolve the problem you are facing.
Method 3: Update your AMD Driver via Device Manager
If your system isn’t compatible with AMD Auto-Detect and you don’t want to use a third-party tool. You can use the built-in Device Manager to update the AMD graphics or chipset device driver.
To use Device Manager follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X Device Manager.
2. Look for the Display adapters to expand it.
3. Right-click on your AMD video card device ^ Update driver.
4. From the new window that opens select Search automatically for updated driver software wait for Windows to look for driver updates. However, if you have the AMD video driver in a DVD or CD delivered with your graphics card, you can choose to Browse my computer for driver software, insert the DVD and follow on-screen instructions to update the AMD driver.
5. Reboot PC, after installing the driver to apply changes.
We hope we were able to explain how using AMD Auto-Detect and Advanced Driver Updater, a third party you can update AMD drivers. Unlike the Auto-Detect tool, Advanced Driver Updater helps update other outdated drivers also. If you have any questions regarding this or have any suggestions, feel free to leave comments below.