Struggling with the AMD High-Definition Audio Device not plugged in error?
Don’t fret this is a common error and it can be solved by updating outdated, corrupts, and missing AMD audio drivers. The easiest way to update the AMD High Definition Audio Drivers is to use Advanced Driver Updater, a tool that helps update outdated corrupt and missing drivers.
But before moving into details let’s know something about AMD High Definition Audio.
Like Intel High Definition Audio Devices, AMD High Definition Audio is an inbuilt audio mechanism found in several AMD modules. These sound modules provide a decent sound quality that helps us listen to audio. However, when the AMD High Definition Driver is outdated, you end up facing AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In, error.
Reasons for AMD high definition audio device not plugged in error
- Incompatible or outdated AMD HD audio drivers.
- Incorrect system settings.
- Virus or malware-related issues.
- Corrupt graphics card.
Easiest Way to Solve – AMD HD Audio Device Driver not Plugged In Error:
The simplest solution to fix AMD HD audio device not plugged error is to use Advanced Driver Updater. This advanced tool helps update outdated drivers in a few clicks. To download it, click the download button given below:
Now, we know the easiest way to fix AMD High Definition Audio Device error. Here are some other fixes.
Read Also- How To Download AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Drivers
Best Ways to Fix AMD High Definition Audio Error
Here are the alternate ways to fix the High Definition Audio device error. There’s no need to follow all the solutions. You can just work your way down the list. Once you find the right solution, you can stop.
Note: The methods explained below will work on all versions of Windows. From Windows 11 to Windows 7.
Solution 1: Run DISM command
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM), is a command that helps fix system bugs. To run it and fix the AMD High Definition audio issue, follow these steps:
1. In the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt window enter the following command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter key.
3. Wait for the command to run. Once the process is completed, copy-paste the following command – sfc /scannow and press Enter key.
4. When done, close Command Prompt.
5. Reboot the PC.
This should fix the problem. If the solution doesn’t work, move to the second solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall audio device and driver
The “AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In” issue can also be fixed by reinstalling the AMD audio device and the driver. Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers.
3. Select and right-click AMD High Definition Audio Device > Uninstall device.
4. Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device > Uninstall.
5. Wait for the process to finish.
6. Reboot the system so that Windows can reinstall the generic device driver for you.
Now try to use the audio device, this should solve the problem.
If things didn’t work this time either, no issues, move to the next step.
Must Read- How To Download AMD x570 Chipset Driver
Solution 3: Update available drivers
When the PCI driver or the AMD audio driver is outdated or missing, you encounter the AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in the issue. This means you need to update the outdated and missing drivers. There are two ways to update drivers.
Method 1 – Manually Updating AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver
To manually update AMD audio driver, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double click the “Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.”
3. Right-click the AMD High Definition audio device > “Update driver.”
4. You will now get two options
5. Search automatically for drivers.
6. Browse my computer for drivers.
7. Click Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to find the AMD High Definition Audio device driver update. Wait for the process to complete, this might take a few minutes.
Method 2 – Automatically Update AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver
If the above steps aren’t something you like to go with, you can update the driver automatically using Advanced Driver Updater.
Advanced Driver Updater automatically recognizes system details and helps find the compatible and correct driver update. To use this tool, you don’t need to know the exact system details. The tool detects all these details on its own and helps update outdated drivers. To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the registered version of Advanced Driver Updater. Using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers in just 2 clicks. Also, you get technical support and a 60-day money-back guarantee).
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater > Start Scan Now button. Wait for Advanced Driver Updater to scan the system for outdated drivers.
3. If you are using the trial version of Advanced Driver Updater, click the Update Driver next to the AMD audio driver. However, if you are using the registered version by clicking Update All, you can update all outdated drivers.
4. Restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it, using these simple steps, you can fix the AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In issue. Scanning your system regularly using a driver updating tool like Advanced Driver Updater helps minimize the risk of manual errors, BSOD, and other driver-related problems. Undoubtedly, Advanced Driver Updater is the best option to update AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7