Included in some AMD APUs, AMD Radeon R4 is an integrated DirectX 12 graphics card. It is responsible for boosting gaming performance. Therefore, when the AMD Radeon R4 driver is outdated, you experience lag issues on your Windows machine. This makes updating AMD Radeon HD graphics drivers important. There are two best ways to update, download and install a new AMD Radeon HD graphics driver; just choose an easier way.
How To Download AMD Radeon r4 Graphics Driver
This post will discuss both ways to update AMD Radeon R4 graphics drivers.
Method 1: Download and install the AMD R4 Graphics driver manually
This method is manual and time-consuming. You need to collect information about the system and device to use it. Moreover, the risk of downloading and updating incorrect drivers is more with this method.
Therefore, you need to be cautious when updating drivers manually. To be on the safe side, take a backup of the old driver and then update it at your own risk.
Method 2: Automatically download and install Radeon R4 Graphics drivers (Recommended)
As the name suggests, this is automatic and the easiest way to update drivers. You can update any outdated, missing driver using it in just a few clicks. Most importantly, the software we will use to update drivers automatically scans the system and device information. This means there’s no need to collect any information or have any computer skills.
To automatically update drivers, we will use Advanced Driver Updater, the best tool to update drivers. This tool takes a backup of old drivers before updating them for security purposes. Also, it offers an exclusion list and allows scheduling driver updates.
Method 1: Manually download and install the AMD Radeon R4 Driver
We will need to visit its official website to install the latest AMD Radeon r4 graphics driver. But before that, collect information about AMD Graphics cards and the operating system to ensure the right driver is updated.
To find the model name, press Windows + X > Device Manager > Display adapters > select AMD Radeon model name > right-click > Properties > Driver tab. Here you can get all the driver-related information.
Once you have it, to manually update the correct driver, follow these steps:
1. Visit AMD DRIVERS’ official website.
2. Click DOWNLOAD Now or scroll down to Search for your product section. Here, select the driver model from the product list > SUBMIT
3. Thereafter, select the version and bit of the operating system you are using.
4. Double-click on the operating system > Download next to the driver.
5. The setup file will be downloaded. Double-click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
6. Restart the system to apply changes. Now try to use the system and play games; you should not face any problems.
Method 2 – Automatically download and install Radeon R4 Graphics drivers (Recommended)
If the manual method is not to your liking, no worries, we can update the driver automatically with Advanced Driver Updater.
Advanced Driver Updater will scan the system to detect outdated drivers. For this, you don’t need to provide any information. This intelligent tool will identify all that on its own. Once that is done, you can run the scan to update the AMD Radeon R4 driver. You can do so using the Free and Registered versions of Advanced Driver Updater. Using the registered version, drivers can be updated in just 2 clicks, while using the Trial version, you will have to update each driver manually. This is time-consuming.
Also, the registered version comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and technical support.
To use Advanced Driver Updater to update AMD R4 Graphics Driver, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch Advanced Driver Updater and click Start Scan Now button. Wait for the best driver updater to detect driver-related problems.
3. Review scan results. If you are using the trial version, you need to click Driver Update next to each driver.
4. However, using the registered version, you can update all drivers at once by using the Update All button.
Once that is done, restart the system to apply changes, and that’s it.
Now try to use your Windows PC to play games and enjoy the lag-free performance.
Hopefully, you find the tips helpful in updating your AMD Radeon HD graphics driver on Windows. In case you have some other solution or have any questions, feedback, or suggestions, please leave your comments below. We’d love to hear from you.