When trying to print a document, are you getting Deskjet 2700 printer is offline, message? The error usually occurs when the printer drivers are outdated. The best way to update them is to use Advanced Driver Updater, a driver updating software that doesn’t require collecting any information or having technical knowledge.
Read through the article to learn how to do that manually and automatically.
What is your HP Deskjet 2700 Series Printer Showing Offline Error?
There are several reasons for HP Deskjet 2700 printer showing an offline message on Windows 11 and 10 PC. Generally, the problem occurs due to issues with device drivers or wireless connections. In addition to this, there are other reasons for the problem; they are:
- The printer is not set to default.
- Outdated printer driver.
- The firmware is outdated.
- Incomplete printer setup.
- Loose connection.
Fixes to Change HP Deskjet 2700 Series Offline Printer Error to Online Status
Below, we explain different ways to troubleshoot the offline printer error. However, before we get into technical troubleshooting, let us try some basic fixes first.
Method 1 – Basic Troubleshooting
- Check the connection status between your printer and your PC.
- Ensure the printer, the PC, and the network or cable are correctly connected.
- Restart your HP printer. Power it off and unplug the power cord. Let it be like this for a few minutes. After that, plug in the cable, power on the printer, and check if it works.
Method 2 – Start Windows Services Status.
Note: This fix is for those using a printer series with a WSD port.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Look for Discover Host Provider and Discovery Resource Publication.
- Right-click > Properties > under Startup select automatic > Ok.
- Check the printer status to see if it helps.
Method 3 – Set HP Deskjet 2700 Printer as the Default
To fix the offline printer problem, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window, type control, and hit Enter.
- Double-click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer > Set as default printer. Click on Yes if prompted.
- You will see a tick mark next to the HP printer. That means it is now set as the default printer.
Method 4: Update the Printer Driver
As stated above, outdated device drivers are the reason behind offline printer issues. Therefore, you will need to update or reinstall the printer driver to troubleshoot the error.
The easiest and fastest way to update drivers without technical knowledge is to use a driver updater tool like Advanced Driver Updater.
The driver updater automatically identifies outdated drivers and finds the correct drivers. The tool does everything from finding the right driver to downloading and installing it.
You can download and install drivers using the Free or registered version of Advanced Driver Updater. The registered version allows updating all drivers simultaneously, while the trial allows updating only single drivers. Also, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and technical support.
1. Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updating software and click the Start Scan Now button to begin scanning.
- To update the driver, click the Update driver link next to your HP printer. This will download the latest and correct driver of the printer driver.
- However, registered users can hit the Update All button to update all outdated drivers and perform HP Deskjet 2700 series driver downloads.
With the help of the above fixes, you can troubleshoot offline printer issues when using HP 2700 Deskjet.
Cancel The Print Jobs In Queue
If none of the above fixes work for you, we suggest canceling print jobs because they can get stuck in the print queue. The failed print jobs in the print queue can lead to the printer not printing issues. To clear all print jobs to get your HP printer, follow these steps:
- Open Control Pane, and go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer in the Printers > See what’s printing.
- Open the Printer menu > Open As Administrator.
- Again, open the Printer menu> select Cancel All Documents.
- Confirm your action.
- This will clear out print queues. Now try to use the printer.
This should help. If this doesn’t work, check for hardware issues on your printer.
Run SFC scan To Fix Or Repair Missing System Files
Also, you can try repairing system fuels by running Command Prompt as administrator and using the System File Checker (SFC) command that helps fix/repair missing or corrupted system files.
To run the SFC scan, open the elevated Command Prompt.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Wait for the command to process and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Check the PC; this should work.
We hope you find the information we’ve shared helpful and can fix the offline printer offline issue. Please let us know which method worked for you in the comment section.