Want to print a document, but your Deskjet 2700 printer says it’s offline? Well, you are not alone; other users are facing similar problems. It occurs when the printer drivers are outdated. Read through the article to learn how to do that manually and automatically.
However, before we get into the troubleshooting steps, let’s understand the problem.
What Caused the Printer Offline HP Deskjet 2700 Series Error?
The problem usually occurs due to issues with device drivers or wireless connections. In addition to this, there are other reasons for the problem; they are:
- The printer is not set to default.
- Outdated printer driver.
- Firmware is outdated.
- Incomplete printer setup.
- Loose connection.
Fixes for HP Deskjet 2700 Series Offline Printer Error
Below, we explain different ways to troubleshoot the offline printer error. However, before we get into technical troubleshooting, let us try some basic fixes first.
Method 1 – Basic Troubleshooting
- Check the connection status between your printer and your PC.
- Ensure the printer, the PC, and the network or cable are correctly connected.
- Restart your HP printer. Power it off and unplug the power cord. Let it be like this for a few minutes. After that, plug in the cable, power on the printer, and check if it works.
Method 2 – Start Windows Services Status.
Note: This fix is for those using a printer series with a WSD port.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Look for Discover Host Provider and Discovery Resource Publication.
- Right-click > Properties > under Startup select automatic > Ok
- Check the printer status to see if it helps.
Method 3 – Set HP Deskjet 2700 Printer as the Default
To fix the offline printer problem, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window, type control, and hit Enter.
- Double click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer > Set as default printer. Click on Yes if prompted.
- You will see a tick mark next to the HP printer. That means it is now set as the default printer.
Method 4: Update Printer Driver
The printer is an offline issue and is generally caused by outdated drivers. You will need to update or reinstall the printer driver to fix it.
The easiest and fastest way to update drivers without technical knowledge is to use a driver updater tool like Advanced Driver Updater.
The driver updater automatically identifies your computer and finds the correct drivers. The good thing about using this driver updating app is that you don’t need to gather any information or have any computer expertise. The tool does everything from finding the right driver to downloading and installing it.
You can download and install drivers using the Free or registered version of Advanced Driver Updater. The registered version allows updating all drivers at once, while the trial allows updating only single drivers. Also, it comes with a 60 -day money-back guarantee and technical support.
1. Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updating software and click Start Scan Now button to begin the scanning process.
- To update the driver click on the Update driver link next to your HP printer. This will download the latest and correct driver of printer driver.
- However, registered users can hit the Update All button to update all outdated drivers and perform HP Deskjet 2700 series driver download.
With the help of the above fixes, you can troubleshoot offline printer issues when using HP 2700 Deskjet.
Cancel The Print Jobs In Queue
If none of the above fixes work for you, we suggest canceling print jobs because they can get stuck in the print queue. The failed print jobs in the print queue can lead to the printer not printing issues. To clear all print jobs to get your HP printer, follow these steps:
- Open Control Pane, and go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer in the Printers > See what’s printing.
- Open the Printer menu > Open As Administrator.
- Again, open the Printer menu> select Cancel All Documents.
- Confirm your action.
- This will clear print queues. Now try to use the printer.
How to Download HP Universal Printer Driver
This should help. If this doesn’t work, check for hardware issues on your printer.
Run SFC scan To Fix Or Repair Missing System Files
Also, you can try repairing system fuels by running Command Prompt as administrator and using the System File Checker (SFC) command that helps fix/repair missing or corrupted system files.
To run the SFC scan, open elevated Command Prompt.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Wait for the command to process and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Check the PC; this should work.
We hope you find the information we’ve shared helpful and are able to fix the offline printer offline issue. Please let us know which method worked for you in the comment section.
How To Download & Update Lexmark Printer Drivers for Windows (Easily)
How to Download and Update KYOCERA Printer Drivers
How To Download Canon Printer Drivers For Windows 10