GTX is the model of the Graphics card and is used to speed up gaming performance. When playing games, if you face issues or the video is lagging, the GeForce GTX driver is outdated or corrupt. To fix this issue, update the GTX Geforce 1660 SUPER, the latest graphics driver that helps deliver the best gaming performance.
This tutorial will explain the 2 best methods to update your NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 driver on Windows 11,10, 8, and 7.
Best Ways to Update NVIDIA GTX 1660 Drivers on Windows 11, 10
The GTX 1660 driver can be updated manually and automatically. Though the manual method is free of cost, it requires time, patience, and technical knowledge. Also, the risk of downloading incorrect driver updates is there in the manual method; therefore, if you are looking for a way to update the NVIDIA GTA 1660 driver easily and without the fear of downloading an incorrect driver, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater.
Systweak’s sophisticated driver upgrading tool identifies OS and device data automatically. Furthermore, for security reasons, Advanced Driver Updater creates a backup of existing drivers before upgrading them. If there is an issue, this helps restore the driver.
How to update the GTX 1660 SUPER Driver to the latest version?
Option 1: Automatically Updating Geforce GTX 1660 super drivers (Recommended)
If you don’t like going through the lengthy manual process of updating drivers, you can update them using the Advanced Driver Updater.
The powerful tool automatically identifies the system details and helps find the correct drivers for your exact GPU and Windows version.
Here’s how to use Advanced Driver Updater on your Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater > click the Start Scan Now button.
3. Wait for Advanced Driver Updater to scan the system for problematic and outdated NVIDIA Geforce GTX driver.
4. Review the scan results and update the Graphics driver. If you are using the trial version, click the Update driver next to it. However, if you are a registered user, you can update all outdated drivers by clicking on the Update All button.
Note: The Paid version of Advanced Driver Updater comes with technical support and a 60-days money-back guarantee. To resolve any issue you face using Advanced Driver Updater, you can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: Manually Updating GTX 1660 Driver
Updating drivers manually takes time and requires technical skills. Also, you need to collect information about the operating system and device. If you are aware of the hardware details of the GTX driver, you can install and update the latest GTX 1660 SUPER driver using these steps:
1. Visit the manufacturer’s website.
2. Search for GPU model > click SEARCH.
3. If you want to update the driver for gaming purposes, choose Game Ready Driver (GRD). For graphic design, select Studio Driver (SD).
4. To download the diver, click DOWNLOAD.
5. Once the driver is downloaded, double click the installer or the executable file and follow on-screen instructions to install the NVIDIA GTX 160 driver update.
6. Wait for the process to finish.
7. Restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to play games; you should not face any issues.
Remember, manually downloading a driver has its disadvantages like your system might crash or become unstable; therefore, if you want to avoid such things from happening, use a driver updating tool like Advanced Driver Updater to update outdated drivers.
We hope the post helped you understand how to update the latest driver for your GTX 1660 SUPER. If you have any doubts or face any problems, please let us know in the comments section. We will get back to you with a solution.