The Mantra MFS100 is a biometric impression device that connects to your system via a USB port & lets you capture thumbprints on the go. It enhances the authentication quotient for anyone looking for additional security. Not only does it allow you to create a solid authentication medium, but it also lets you store thumbprint data and use it for documentation and identity proof.
While the device has so many use cases, recently, people have encountered issues related to it. The first and foremost concern lies with the availability of drivers and updates on Windows.
You are not alone if you have the same device but need help downloading and updating Mantra MFS100 drivers. Fortunately, we have a few ways to help find and fetch required driver updates for your Mantra MFS 100.
This blog will also help resolve the driver issue for your other devices!
Why Update Mantra MFS 100 Drivers?
Mantra MFS100 is a biometric device that automatically installs the drivers when connected for the first time. However, sometimes when drivers fail to install automatically or are outdated, the connection between the device and the PC fails to establish. This is why the Mantra MFS100 needs properly updated drivers. Other than that, if the Mantra MFS100 drivers are not up to date, you may face the following issues:
- “Mantra MFS100 not detected” error on Windows.
- Device keeps disconnecting.
- The accuracy of the device is hampered.
- Device unable to capture biometric data.
- Mantra MFS100 has stopped working error on Windows.
The easiest way to fix these errors is to update the device driver. Check out the below instructions to learn how you can download updates for Mantra MFS100 drivers on Windows.
However, if you get prompts such as a corrupted serial number or USB not recognizing the device, you should contact the support team, as these are not driver-related issues.
How to Download Updated Drivers for Mantra MFS100 Biometric?
There are 3 ways you can update the drivers for your Mantra MFS100 device.
- Update Drivers Using Device Manager
- Update Drivers Using MFS100 RD Service
- Update Drivers Using Advanced Driver Updater
Let’s look at each of them individually and understand the most suitable way to use them.
Method #1 – Update Mantra MFS100 Driver Using Device Manager
All the devices connected internally or externally to your PC can be managed through the Device Manager on Windows. You can look for your device here and try to update the drivers using the Windows server for driver updates. Here’s what you need to do –
- Press Windows + R to open run search
- In Run search, type devmgmt.msc command and click Ok.
- This will bring up the Device Manager for you.
- In the Device Manager, look for the Biometric devices category. Double-click on it to expand. If Mantra MFS100 is not listed here, double-click the category of other devices or unknown devices.
- Once you have found the device, right-click on it and select the Update driver option.
- This will open up the Windows driver update wizard. Select the first option and follow the steps on your screen. You will be able to download the device drivers update instantly.
- Restart the PC to apply changes.
However, there are times when the Mantra MFS100 is not listed under the category mentioned above in the Device Manager. This means the device isn’t available in the Device Manager. Hence, it will take longer than expected, as you must click through each category to find the Mantra MFS100 device.
If you are not ready to go through this hassle, use Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver updating tool. However, if you still want to try the manual method, visit the official website by following the steps below:
Method #2 – Update Mantra MFS100 Drivers Using MFS100 RD Service
Mantra MFS100 has a support website where you can log in and download the drivers instantly. Check out how!
- Log on to the official website of Mantra MFS100.
- You may find the download link to the MFS100 RD service tool on the website.
- The RD service tool is a preliminary package that installs on your PC and familiarizes the Mantra MFS100 with your PC.
- Install it on your PC using the instructions shown on the screen after running the downloaded setup.
- Once installed, go to the webpage again and download the drivers from the available link.
- Execute the downloaded file and start installing the drivers.
- Once the driver is installed, you will have the option to test the device.
- A blue Window pops up that allows you to use your biometric tool to capture an impression and understand whether the tool is working properly.
The downloaded RD service package supports the entire driver installation process, which is an important aspect of the process.
Must Read: How to Find Existing Driver Versions on Your Windows PC
Method #3 – Update Mantra MFS100 Drivers Using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
The above methods require time and patience. Also, their usability is not very high, and the process is lengthy, involving many steps that many users might prefer to avoid going through. Advanced Driver Updater is the ultimate solution in this situation.
It is a dedicated driver updater tool that allows you to scan your PC to fetch the status of outdated drivers. Using it you can find out which drivers need an update. This means the application is helpful and not limited to updating the Mantra MFS100 drivers.
Here’s how the tool works –
Step 1 – Download and install the Advanced Driver Updater from the link.
Step 2 – Click Start Scan Now from the application’s home screen. Step 3 – Let the scan find outdated drivers on your PC with a thorough scan.Step 4 – Once the scan is over, simply click update all, and the update process begins.Step 5 – Let the process finish updating the outdated drivers.
Step 6– Restart the PC to save changes and then try using the Mantra MFS100 device.
Advanced Problems Require Advanced Solutions!
Mantra MFS 100 has an optical sensor that is advanced and set to handle all the rough patches here and there. This means it, can be used for multiple purposes like authentication, creating a shield of security for any user, etc.
However, when this simple device that can take privacy and security a notch up, stops working things get worrisome. Hence, to keep this advanced feature working, you need to keep drivers updated. The best and fastest way to do that is to use the Advanced Driver Updater.
It is a driver updating tool for Windows that keeps a track of outdated drivers and helps update them. We hope you will give it a try to update your Mantra MFS100 drivers and get rid of any problems you are facing while using the device.
Please share your comments about the post in the section below.
Next Read :
Top Features to Look For in Driver Updater Software
How to Download & Update Asus USB BT400 Drivers