Drivers play a crucial role in running your PC smoothly. They are the core components allowing your PC to understand the functionality of the connected devices. Furthermore, considering their essential nature and irreplaceable use cases, they are called the backbone of any PC. Yet, users undermine the version of drivers that our PC is currently running & keep looking for an upgrade in the gadgets, operating systems, processors, and the type of RAM or ROM. This is because many of us are unaware of how to find the driver’s current version on the PC.
If you can relate to what we are saying, you are at the right place. This blog will explain how to find the existing driver version on your Windows PC, how do you keep track of the version, and update your outdated drivers.
Without further ado, let’s jump right into the discussion!
Ways to Find Existing Driver Version in Windows (Updated List)
Why is it Important to Know About Driver Version on Your PC?
Usually, Windows Updates keep track of the drivers necessary for your PC. With every update you install, device drivers are also updated. This helps keep your system drivers up to date so that you do not have to worry about them. However, there are times when the updates are faulty, or a driver is not updated. In situations like this, you start facing issues with connected devices and look for a fix.
The first thing that comes to mind is downloading and installing the latest driver update from the official website. After all, it is the internet age, and everything is available at your fingertips. However, can you download and use anything available online? No! You need to know what you’re looking for; otherwise, you may create much bigger problems instead of fixing the issue. Hence, knowing the stable driver version and whether your PC is running the same or not is essential.
How to Find Out About the Driver Version?
Windows offers you complete flexibility when it comes to knowing your PC. You can find all the information about the PC as it is available. The default way of learning about device drivers is using the Device Manager.
To know how to use it, check out the step-by-step guide.
How to Check the Driver Version Running on the PC?
- On your latest Windows PC, Press Windows + R to Open Run.
- Use the command devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- This will open the Device Manager on your PC. The Device Manager is a centralized location where you can find all devices connected to your PC.
- In Device Manager, look for the device or drivers you want to know about. For instance, let us look at the Bluetooth drivers and their versions.
- Double-click on the Bluetooth option to expand. You will find a list of all your Bluetooth devices and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.
- Select Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, right-click on it, and open properties.
- In the properties, you will find a tab on top that says the driver. Click on it.
- In the details, if you look closely, you can find the driver’s information along with its version, digital signature, and the driver’s date. It looks like this –
With the help of this information alone, it will be easier for you to troubleshoot Bluetooth driver issues on your Windows PC.
From here, you can find out about the driver’s information. Knowing this information can help in multiple ways, such as –
- You can download applications and mods that support your driver version.
- You can look for updates using the driver version (by checking if a later version is available).
- You can troubleshoot issues specific to your driver version.
Not to forget, knowing the driver versions of the devices you use gives an edge in using the available resources, finding updates, and installing their stable versions.
The only downside to using the default way of finding the driver version is that it is too complicated and not all can perform it. Therefore, you can try Advanced Driver Updater to simplify the process.
Finding Current Driver Version On Windows PC Using Advanced Driver Updater
The Advanced Driver Updater is a basic tool that works amazingly with fetching all the information for drivers and updating them. When drivers are not functioning properly, checking their versions before updating them and installing updates one by one can be a troublesome, time-consuming task.
Therefore, to help you out with it, Advanced Driver Updater offers a completely automated process. To use it you don’t need to give any inputs from your end. You can finish updating your drivers without any problems. Here’s how the tool does the job,
Find out the Current Driver Version on Your PC –
- Download the application and install it right away. Once the installation is complete, launch the application.
- Quickly Run a scan for all the outdated drivers on your PC. All you have to do is click on Start Scan Now, and the rest is done automatically.
- After the scan is over, you have a list of all the drivers on your PC that require an update along with their version number. To get more information you can click the icon.
- The information is clear and accurate since it has compared and scanned your PC drivers with the latest version to check if you are using it or not.
You were updating all the outdated drivers –
- Once you have scanned your PC, you can update them with a single click.
- Use the Update All option and instantly finish your PC’s driver updates. The process hardly takes a few minutes.
It is all that simple! The entire process mentioned above will take a little bit of time, and the best part is that you do not have to repeat this process as it updates all the outdated drivers at once. You know what to do now!
Knowing your driver version and updating your drivers are two different aspects. Thanks to Advanced Driver Updater, you can kill both birds with a single stone. That, too, without any effort! Download the application today and learn it for yourself!
Top Features to Look For in Driver Updater Software
How to Download and Update Microsoft Bluetooth Driver
How To Fix “A Media Driver Your Computer Needs is Missing” in Windows PC
How to Download Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver in Windows 10