The basic input/output system (BIOS), called BIOS drivers, is essential software on a PC. It helps the operating system boot correctly during startup. Located on the computer motherboard chip, BIOS drivers are responsible for the correct initialization and starting of a computer when powered on.
Therefore, if your computer is giving issues to boot Windows or is beeping before Windows loads, you are most likely dealing with BIOS problems. To troubleshoot this issue, you need to upgrade the BIOS driver. This can be accomplished using the disc provided with the motherboard or by updating the driver from the motherboard manufacturer’s website.
In addition to this, to keep the system running smoothly you can use a driver updating tool like Advanced Driver Updater and update other outdated drivers.
Note : If you manually update the BIOS driver, exercise caution as an incorrect update or power outage during the procedure might delete the BIOS or harm the motherboard.
Automatic Way to Update Drivers on Lenovo T410, T480, and T14 PC models
To enjoy peak PC performance keeping device drivers updated is important. To perform this task, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater – a tool that easily identifies outdated drivers and updates them safely and securely. Advanced Driver Updater automatically cross-checks the drivers with its 6 lac plus drivers database and provides the most compatible update for your computer. Also, it takes backup of old drivers and offers an exclusion list to add incompatible drivers.
The driver updates you get are manufacturer-provided and are safe. To get the tool and update outdated drivers on Lenovo T410, T480, and T14, click the button below:
Click here to learn how to use the tool to jump to the section.
Read Also: How to Update Lenovo t440s, t470s, t480s, t460s, t490s Drivers
How To Find The Correct BIOS Version For Your Lenovo PC?
Method 1 – Using the Command Prompt in Windows
1. Type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator.
2. Now in Administrator: Command Prompt window type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion> press Enter key.
3. You will get a string of letters and numbers following SMBBIOSBIOSVersion, the BIOS version. Copy and paste it; you will need it later.
Method 2 – Finding the BIOS Version on Windows Computers Using the BIOS Menu (Windows 7 and older version)
1. Restart the PC.
2. Press F2, F10, F12, or Del to access the BIOS as the computer reboots.
3. Look for BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, System Information, or Firmware Version in the BIOS menu.
4. Note down the details and reboot the system normally to update the BIOS driver.
Finding the BIOS Version on a Pre-Installed Windows 11/10/8
1. Reboot the PC; while it restarts, press and hold the Shift button until the boot options menu appears.
2. Click Troubleshoot from the boot menu.
3. Go to the Advanced options > click UEFI Firmware Settings.
If UEFI Firmware Settings aren’t displayed, Windows 8 was not pre-installed. In such a case, use the command prompt to get the details.
4. Reboot the PC into the UEFI firmware settings screen.
5. Look for the UEFI version. (The version location depends on the computer hardware. However, it is usually under the Main or Starting tab)
Now that you have the details about the BIOS version number, you can try downloading the driver update manually from the manufacturer’s website.
(Manual Method) Updating Lenovo BIOS Drivers from the Manufacturer’s Website
1. Go to Lenovo’s official website.
2. Choose Service & Solution
3. Service & Support > Driver Download & Software Update from the drop-down menu.
4. Type Lenovo t480, or the series you wish to update the BIOS driver, into the search box.
5. Click Downloads > Manual Update > select BIOS/UEFI category .
6. Next, click the down arrow next to the See Files option and then the Download button.
7. Double click the saved setup file and update the BIOS driver.
8. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Use Advanced Driver Updater to Update Device Drivers
Follow these steps to use Advanced Driver Updater & keep drivers updated on your Lenovo T410, T480, and T14 PC models:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch the tool and click Start Scan Now to scan the PC for outdated drivers.
3. Wait for the scanning to finish.
4. Review scan results and update the device drivers. If you are a Trial user, click Update driver next to it. However, if you are a registered user, click Update All to update all outdated drivers.
5. Restart the system to apply changes. Without gathering any information about the PC, BIOS, or operating system, you can update any driver.
Related Read: How to Update Lenovo t460, t470, t480, t490, Drivers
To avoid device driver-related issues, keeping drivers up to date is a must. It is up to the user whether you do it manually or automatically. If you are pressed for time, try Advanced Driver Updater to scan the PC for outdated drivers and update them to the latest version. The program allows you to quickly identify out-of-date drivers and update them with a few mouse clicks.
We hope you like the information we have shared. Please share your feedback, suggestions, or questions, if any, in the comments section. For any product-related queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.