When an email from Outlook is deleted, it can be found under the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. However, if the folder is empty and you want to get them back. Here is how to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook 365 using the best recovery tool – Advanced Disk Recovery and the built-in method.
With over 400 million users, Microsoft Outlook is a widely used email program. Aside from connecting people via email, you can use it for task management, contact management, note-taking, journal-keeping, etc. Due to these functionalities, many users have accidentally deleted crucial emails.
Therefore, to help such users, we have created this post and will explain ways to retrieve old emails in Outlook. The easiest way to restore Outlook emails is to use a data recovery tool.
To get Advanced Disk Recovery click on the button below.
Additionally, if you are short on time, you can jump to the section and learn how to use the best data recovery tool.
Best Ways To Retrieve Deleted Outlook Emails on Windows
Before using a data recovery tool, we will try using Microsoft-suggested methods. If it doesn’t help, we will use Advanced Disk Recovery to retrieve deleted Outlook emails.
1. Microsoft-Suggested Methods on How to Restore Outlook Emails
Important Things to Keep in Mind Before Following the Steps Explained Below:
- Emails moved to the Deleted Items folder or Recoverable Items folder can be restored within 30 days of removal.
- Emails in the Junk Email folder can be retrieved within 10 days.
Method 1: Check the ‘Deleted Items’ Folder
When an Outlook email is deleted, they are moved to the ‘Deleted Items’ or ‘Junk Email’ folder. To restore them from there, follow these steps:
1. Open Outlook email account > go to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder in the left pane.
2. Look for the emails you want to restore in the Deleted Items folder.
3. Right-click on the email > Move > select the folder to restore the email.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Emails from the Recoverable Items Folder in Outlook
Suppose the emails are removed from Deleted Items folder; in such a case, you can go to the Recoverable Items folder and restore them. It is a hidden folder, and to access it, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you are connected to the mail server.
2. Click Deleted Items folder > Recover Deleted Items from Server. (as shown in the screenshot below)
3. You will now get a pop-up on the screen showing deleted emails with the date and time.
4. Select Restore Selected Items > click OK to proceed to retrieve emails.
2. Recover Deleted Outlook Items: Offline
Method 1: Use the ‘Update Folder’ Option
If you’re using an Outlook account with Exchange Server in Cached Exchange Mode, try the following steps to recover deleted emails:
1. Launch Outlook and access your user account > go to Send/Receive.
2. Click Update Folder.
3. Restore deleted items.
Note : If you can’t undo emails from Update Folder, the offline items are no longer on your Exchange Server and can’t be synced to the local file.
Must Read- How to Recover Deleted PSD Files
Use Advanced Disk Recovery Software to Restore Deleted Outlook files.
If none of the methods worked for you, try Advanced Disk Recovery, the best data recovery tool to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook.
1. Download, install and run Advanced Disk Recovery.
2. Select the storage media and drive you wish to scan for file and folder recovery. (Since we are talking about recovering deleted emails from Outlook, select Hard Drive and the system drive, which in most cases is C drive.)
3. Select the scanning mode. You will get two options – Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
To recover a recently deleted file, choose Quick Scan. However, if you want to perform an in-depth search, use Deep Scan.
4. To start scanning the selected drive, click Scan now & wait for the process to finish.
5. Review scan results > select deleted files to retrieve > click the ‘Recover’ button.
6. You will now be asked to choose a location to restore selected files and folders. Ensure it is different from the one you are scanning.
7. You will now get a success message for data recovery.
Q1. Can I recover permanently deleted emails?
For up to 30 days after deleting, users can recover deleted emails. However, if they are permanently deleted using a data recovery tool like Advanced Disk Recovery, you can retrieve them.
Q2. How do I recover permanently deleted emails from the Outlook app?
- Check that you are online and connected to the mail server.
- In Outlook, go to your email folder list > select Deleted Items.
- From the Folder menu, select Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the items you want to recover, select Restore Selected Items, and then select OK.
Q3. Where do recovered deleted emails go in Outlook?
When the items are recovered from the Recoverable Items folder, they are moved to the Deleted Items folder. Once an item is recovered, you can find it in your Deleted Items folder, then move it to another folder.
Wrap-Up- How to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook After 30 days
These are some tried and tested workarounds to restore permanently deleted emails in Outlook. You can try any of the methods. However, if you are short on time and are looking for something concrete, try Advanced Disk Recovery and recover deleted folders in Outlook. We hope you find the information helpful. Please share your feedback with us in the comments section. For technical support, you can send an email to email@example.com.