Want to learn how to update the Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10? You are in luck, in this write up we will discuss the easy and automatic way to download and update the Bluetooth driver on Windows 8.1.
To get things working flawlessly on your PC, running the latest device drivers is important. Usually, when Windows is updated, drivers too are updated but there’s a catch, Microsoft cannot update drivers for every single type of hardware. This means, to fix driver-related issues, you will have to download and install drivers on your own. But is it possible for every one of us? Do we have that much time, patience, and computer skills?
Certainly, not. Understanding this and how we all struggle with updating drivers we will discuss the best way to update Bluetooth device drivers.
Need to update Bluetooth drivers
A Bluetooth driver allows the operating system to communicate with a Bluetooth device and vice-versa. However, when the Bluetooth Device Driver is either missing or corrupt you might face Bluetooth connectivity issues. Therefore, to fix such problems updating the Bluetooth driver is recommended.
Reasons for Missing Bluetooth Driver – Windows 10
- Outdated operating system.
- Missing or corrupt system files.
- Corrupt, problematic, or missing drivers.
- Malware infection.
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem and update Bluetooth drivers on your PC.
How To Update Bluetooth Drivers?
With Bluetooth technology becoming popular, each one of us has a Bluetooth device to work with. But most of the time when we try to connect it to the PC it isn’t detected. The main reason for this problem is the outdated, corrupt or faulty driver. If you can relate to it and are facing connectivity issues with Bluetooth devices, you are at the right place.
Here we will discuss the best and easiest way to update Bluetooth driver Windows 10 and older versions.
3 Best Ways to Update Bluetooth for Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Here are the 3 best ways to update Bluetooth drivers on your Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and XP.
Important : Downloading and installing an incompatible driver update is worse than running an obsolete driver.
Method 1 – Automatically updating Bluetooth driver (Recommended)
If you are short on time or don’t have enough knowledge to visit the manufacturer’s website and download the driver from Device Manager, use Advanced Driver Updater. This best tool to update drivers automatically identifies outdated, faulty, and corrupt drivers. What’s important to use this powerful driver updater is that you don’t need to know system configuration or device details. Also, the risk of downloading the incorrect drivers manually is eliminated. Advanced Driver Updater takes care of everything and installed the compatible and latest drivers.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the professional tool to update drivers
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated drivers running on your Windows.
4. Review scan results and click the Update driver next to the Bluetooth driver you want to update.
Note: Using the trial version, you can update one driver at a time. While using the registered version you can update all outdated drivers in a go. Also, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and provides full technical support to its users.
5. Once the outdated Bluetooth driver is updated, restart the system.
6. Now try to connect your device the Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 should be fixed.
Method 2 – Bluetooth driver for Windows 7 64 bit by visiting the manufacturer’s website
If you have all the information about the device, version, and bit of operating system you are using, go with these steps and learn how to update the Bluetooth driver in Windows 10 from the manufacturer’s website.
Note : Using the Device Manager you can collect information about the Bluetooth device you want to update. Right-click the device name > Properties > Driver tab.
Once you have all the information visit the manufacturer’s website.
Head to support section for driver download
Search for the available driver update for your Windows operating system.
Click the download button to save the setup file
Double click the .exe file and follow on-screen instructions to update the outdated Bluetooth driver
Restart the system to apply changes, this should fix Bluetooth not working Windows 10 issue.
Method 3 – Downloading driver for Bluetooth Windows 10 via Device Manager
Indeed, Microsoft knows how to take care of its users. To update outdated drivers, it provides an in-built Device Manager that helps update any outdated drivers. But there’s a difficulty. The Device Manager doesn’t always show the latest driver update. However, if you want to give it a try and see it for yourself, here we go.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Double click the Bluetooth category & expand it to select the device that you wish to update.
3. Right-click the device > Update driver.
4. This will open a new window, here select, Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Windows will now look for the latest Bluetooth driver available. Wait for the process to finish. If an update is available, click Yes and follow on-screen instructions. However, if you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” click Search for updated drivers on Windows Update.
6. Check if an update is available, if yes download and install it. If not, click View optional updates > and update the driver update available.
7. Restart the system to apply changes and that’s it you will have the latest driver update if available without spending a penny.
How To Reinstall Bluetooth Drivers
To reinstall & update the Bluetooth driver on Windows you can use either of the steps. If you are short on time, try the automatic way. However, if you have time, patience, and expertise you can go with the manual sets to download driver Bluetooth for Windows 10. After updating the driver make sure you restart the system. This helps save changes and update the Bluetooth driver for Windows 8.1.
Tip : Updating drivers manually involves risk. Therefore, if you have the slightest doubt never download and update a driver.
Do let us know which method you picked and why in the comments section. Also, for any product related queries write to the technical support team at email@example.com
One thought on “How to Update Bluetooth Driver Windows 10 | Bluetooth driver not working”
nice information ,,, favourable,, beneficial