Bluetooth Drivers on Windows 10 allow you to connect all your wireless and Bluetooth-enabled devices to your computer. However, when the Bluetooth drivers are outdated they fail to connect to your PC, which leads to several issues. The best way to fix this problem is to update the missing or outdated Bluetooth driver. For this, you can use Advanced Driver Updater the best tool to update drivers on Windows PC.
Luckily, this post explains how to get rid of all serious issues related to Bluetooth drivers, and the best resolutions to fix Bluetooth-related issues on your computer.
Common Bluetooth Driver Related Errors
- Cannot turn Bluetooth On or Off/ icon is missing.
- Bluetooth not showing up in Device Manager.
- Bluetooth has stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade.
- Bluetooth stops working after an update.
While we have listed the most common problems that come along with Bluetooth Drivers, here is a list of helpful solutions for the same.
Also Read: Update Realtek Bluetooth Driver Windows PC
FIXES: Bluetooth Driver Issues On Windows 10
Check out this long list of fixes to resolve Bluetooth driver issues on Windows 10. To begin, ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on. To know more, read the blog further:
1. Ensure Bluetooth is Turned On
Here are steps that will guide you on how to check if your Bluetooth is on:
- Head to Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the Devices tab and select Bluetooth & other devices.
- Check if the Bluetooth slider is ON. If it’s already on try turning it off and then on again. Probably it will work.
2. Turn Off Airplane Mode
Another resolution to the Bluetooth error on Windows 10 is checking if the Airplane mode is ON. If it is, turn it off and then try to connect to your Bluetooth devices. To turn off Airplane mode, either use the button on your laptop’s keyboard or otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Head to Windows Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Navigate to the Airplane mode and ensure that the toggle is OFF.
3. Check if your Bluetooth Device Is Working Fine
Some devices have Bluetooth enabled by default and as soon as you turn on the Bluetooth of another device, it will prompt you to get connected. If it doesn’t, try:
- Turn off the device for a while and then turn it back on.
- Ensure that the device is in the range of Bluetooth.
- Keep your Bluetooth device away from unshielded USB devices. It might hamper your connectivity.
If your device is working properly, try reconnecting the device. Wondering how?
- Head to Windows Settings > Devices, and select Bluetooth & other devices.
- Under the head, Other Devices, look for the device having issues, and then select Remove Device and confirm removing device by tapping Yes.
Now, reconnect your Bluetooth device. For this, head to Bluetooth & other devices settings as explained in the above steps. Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices. Let your system scan for the available devices. Once you see your Bluetooth device, click on it to Add.
4. Fix Bluetooth Audio Settings
While you are looking for the best ways to troubleshoot Bluetooth connectivity issues, it is important to fix Bluetooth audio settings. This issue usually arises when you are trying to do multiple things at a time as Bluetooth is not fast and cannot handle large data speeds. Here’s how to check and fix Bluetooth audio settings:
- Turn on the
- Head to Control Panel.
- Select your Audio device and choose to Set it as Default.
- Click on Apply and then
This will fix all your sound-related issues when you connect a Bluetooth device to your PC. If it doesn’t, you are required to update your Bluetooth Drivers.
5. Update Bluetooth Drivers On Windows 10
Another reason for Bluetooth connectivity issues is the Bluetooth Drivers. To update or reinstall them, use Device Manager on your Windows computer. Here’s how:
- Head to Device Manager from the Start Menu.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth head and expand the menu using the arrow beside.
- Right-click on the problematic Bluetooth Device and choose Properties.
- In the next window, head to the Details tab > Property > Select Hardware Ids.
- Now, go to Value and find Hardware ID. Copy the value and then search it on the Internet to find the name and manufacturer of the device.
- Now, from the manufacturer’s website, download and install the driver that is compatible with Windows 10.
- Now, again head to the Device Manager > Bluetooth Device > Right-click on the device in issue > Update Device > Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then, navigate to the location the file you recently downloaded is located.
That’s how you can re-install or update the Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10.
Alternatively, we recommend using advanced and automated driver updater software for Windows 10. Yes, we are talking about none other than the Advanced Driver Updater. This is a marvelous driver updater software that can scan your computer for any outdated or corrupt drivers and hence gives the best of it in boosting your computer’s performance.
Some of its notable features include- faster backup, multiple device support, restoring incompatible updates, syncing the latest drivers, a user-friendly interface, and more. Here’s how to use this amazing software on Windows 10.
How To Use Advanced Driver Updater on Windows 10
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater on your computer from here.
- Launch the application and register it using the KEY you have received after you have purchased the product.
- Now, click on Start Scan Now button to let the software scan your system for any outdated or corrupt drivers.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Once it completes the scan process, it will list down the drivers that need to be updated.
- You can either choose to click on Update All or only update the drivers you need the most.
- That’s all. You’re done.
This will resolve your Bluetooth driver issues!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Bluetooth driver error?
Bluetooth driver error is an issue that is encountered by the user when either device driver is missing or is outdated.
2. How can you fix the Bluetooth driver errors?
Bluetooth driver errors can be fixed by updating Bluetooth drivers. This can be done manually or automatically. To update the driver manually you can use Device Manager or can visit the manufacturer’s website. However, if you are short on time you can use Advanced Driver Updater the best driver updating tool for Windows.
3. Which software is best for driver updates?
Advanced Driver Updater is the best software to keep drivers updated on Windows. Trusted and used by users worldwide, this driver updating tool automatically detects system configuration, and outdated drivers and shows the most compatible driver updates for the PC.
4. What is the alternative to Driver Easy?
If you are looking for an alternative tool for Driver Easy, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater. With a database of 6 lac + drivers, this tool helps update almost all outdated drivers. Also, before updating drivers it takes a complete backup of old drivers and allows scheduling driver scanning.
So, these were some of the best ways to resolve problems related to Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10. Try these amazing hacks and do let us know which one you found the best.
Also, when it comes to updating any kind of device driver, we strongly recommend using this popular driver updater software on Windows 10. Advanced Driver Updater is the software to rely on whenever you come across driver issues on your device.
Do let us know any of your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.