Are you annoyed by pop-up messages and unsolicited ads by third parties? Here’s what you need to do to get rid of them on Windows 11. Indeed, Microsoft did good work with Windows 11, and there are a lot of new features to enjoy. From a platform to run Android apps to an intuitive user interface, better app compatibility with Windows 11 brings a lot for its users. However, there are certain things like the continued persistence on injecting ads into Windows 11 is that users don’t like. If you are annoyed with these pop-ups and don’t like viewing ads, you can tweak certain settings to turn off notifications.
Luckily, in this post, we will explain how to block pop-ups on Windows 11. Along with this as an additional tip, we will explain how to avoid being a victim of adware infections and malware. To know more about it, read the post till the end.
Writer’s Tip – How to Keep PC Protected from Threats & Adware?
Alongside disabling pop up from Windows 11 if you are looking for an easy way to deal with adware, spyware, ransomware, and other malicious threats, we suggest you to Systweak Antivirus a try. Using this excellent Windows security tool, you can keep your PC protected from malware, virus, and adware. Moreover, unlike other security tools, that take unwanted space to save definition updates the tool keeps them updated on the cloud and this helps easily scan the latest threats too. Also, Systweak Antivirus comes with Real-time protection and various security shields like Malware Protection, Web Protection – which helps avoid visiting malicious sites, Exploit Protection – to detect the latest threats. What’s more this best security tool for Windows even scans startup items for infections.
To get the robust security tool for Windows, click the download button below.
Once you have Systweak Antivirus downloaded and installed. You need to just select from the scanning and perform the scan. To learn how to use the tool, click here to jump to the section.
How to get rid of pop up ads – Windows 11
Method 1 Disabling Ads From Bloatware
If you don’t like the nagging pop-ups just above the Windows 11 taskbar, urging you to sign up for something you don’t need, take control of them and stop them from going to Windows Settings (Windows key + I) > System > Notifications.
Sift through the list of notifications to see if the message is coming from any of the listed entries. To write about these entries, you might have to do a web search, as Windows 11 does define them clearly.
If you don’t have a particular program and are sure to go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and find the software in question. Click the three-dot menu for it and select Uninstall.
Method 2 Disable App Notifications
Pop-ups are of different types, ones that have your browser as the source, and then some pop-ups directly come from Windows 11. In this section, we will learn how to disable these notifications and stop them from appearing now and then.
1. Press Windows + I and open Windows Settings.
2. From the left pane, click System.
3. Click Notification from the right side and toggle off the button to stop getting notifications.
4. This will ensure that you don’t receive notifications from apps or senders.
Method 3 Disable Windows Tips and Suggestions
Here’s how to turn off tips and suggestions in Windows 11.
1. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Click System > Notifications
3. Scroll down and uncheck Offer suggestions on how I can set up my device and the Get tips and suggestions when I use Windows options.
In addition to this, right-click the task scheduler and find the ad you want to turn off. Click the three-dot icon and select Turn off all notifications. This will disable ads for the selected software.
Method 4 – Disable Personalized Ads
To show relevant ads, Windows gives a unique advertising ID.
To disable them, go to Settings > Privacy & security > General > toggle the switch next to Let apps show me personalized ads by using my advertising ID.
This is how you can disable what Windows shows. But it isn’t always Windows that does it right? In such cases what can you do?
This is when Systweak Antivirus comes to play. Using this powerful and robust tool you can take care of ads and keep the system clean. To use it follow the steps below:
1. Use the Download Now button below to get the setup file of Systweak Antivirus.
2. Click the executable file to install and run Systweak Antivirus. From the main pane enable Web Protection.
3. Thereafter, click the Scan Types option to choose from the given scanning mode.
You’ll see three different scanning modes –
- Quick Scan– it is the fastest of all the scan modes and is most effective in scheduled scans.
- Deep Scan– checks all the areas of the PC including folders, subfolders, memory, hard drive, and the external drive (if connected). As opposed to Quick and Custom Scan, Deep Scan takes a longer time.
- Custom Scan– gives users the option to select areas to scan. It takes a much longer time than Quick Scan.
Pick any to scan as you wish to. If you are scanning the system after a long we recommend Deep Scan.
4. Let the scanning process complete.
5. When the scanning is done, Systweak Antivirus will show you a list of infected files.
6. Go through the scan results for your satisfaction. By default, all threats will be selected. to Quarantine them click Protect Now.
7. A threat result summary will be displayed.
8. Reboot the PC to save changes.
This will help keep system malware and adware free.
Hopefully using the steps explained above and with the help of Systweak Antivirus, you can pop-up ads on Windows 11 and keep your Windows infection-free. Do share your comments about the same in the section below.