Facing random issues with AMD graphics cards? It’s time to update the AMD driver in Windows.
Drivers are important for flawless communication between your hardware and software. Therefore, when you face issues with the display, sound, and Bluetooth connectivity, you must first update drivers. With that being said, if you are facing issues with the AMD graphics card and the display seems to be distorted, you should update the AMD drivers to Windows 11, 10.
This article will explain the step-by-step process of reinstalling AMD drivers in Windows 11, 10.
Need To Reinstall AMD Drivers
To avoid facing random display issues, reinstalling AMD drivers is required.
2 Best Ways To Reinstall AMD Drivers
1. Uninstall AMD drivers in Device Manager
2. Installing New AMD Drivers in Windows 11, 10
Method 1 – Uninstalling AMD Driver via Device Manager
To fix the problem you are facing with the AMD display driver, you will need to uninstall it from your PC. For this, we will go to Device Manager, navigate to the Display adapter and uninstall the driver. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Navigate to Display adapters, double click to expand the list
3. Right-click your AMD graphics card > Uninstall device
4. Confirm the action by selecting the box next to Delete the driver software for this device > Uninstall.
This will remove the AMD driver from your PC.
Now that the AMD driver Windows 11,10 is removed, we need to reinstall AMD drivers in Windows 11, 10. Here are the 2 best ways to install new AMD drivers.
Method 2 – Installing new AMD drivers Windows 11, 10
Once the AMD driver is removed, restart the PC allowing Windows to detect the appropriate AMD graphics driver. Remember this doesn’t mean you will get the latest device driver. Want to know why? Here is the answer.
Since Device Manager categorizes driver update as either automatic, critical, or optional. When it finds that a critical update is already installed, it skips optional updates. This means you might be still running outdated drivers. The best way to update the correct driver for AMD drivers is to manually download the update or do it automatically.
The former is time-consuming, involves risk while the latter is trusted, and does not require you to provide any information. To automatically update drivers, you can use Advanced Driver Updater – the best driver updater for Windows.
How To Update AMD Drivers
Way 1 – Manually updating AMD drivers
To fix bugs and add new features, AMD keeps updating drivers. If you know the details about the operating system, bit, and device details, head to AMD’s support website to find the driver update. Once you can locate the right driver, update, download, and install it by following on-screen instructions.
Thereafter, restart the PC to apply changes and see the issues with AMD drivers will be fixed.
Way 2 – Automatically updating AMD driver (Recommended)
If manual steps don’t interest you, no worries, we have got another way to update AMD driver Windows 11, 10. Using Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver updater, you can identify all outdated drivers and update them in just a few clicks.
Moreover, to use this professional driver updating tool you don’t need to know system configuration or device details. The tool automatically detects all this information and shows the compatible driver update. Also, before updating drivers it takes a backup of old drivers.
Features – Advanced Driver Updater
- Update all outdated drivers in a few clicks.
- Backup old drivers
- Exclusion list to add incompatible drivers.
- Scheduler to schedule driver update
- Huge driver database to give the latest driver
- All driver updates are thoroughly tested and come from the manufacturer.
- Comes with a 60-day money-back
Steps to use Advanced Driver Updater
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater and click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated drivers.
3. Once you have the scan results review them and click the Update driver next to AMD driver. (if you want to update all outdated drivers at once, you need the Pro version. However, using the trial version, you can update one driver at a time)
4. After updating the driver, restart the PC to apply changes.
FAQ-Reinstall AMD Drivers
AMD Driver Windows 11,10
This is it; using the 2 steps explained above, you can reinstall AMD drivers in Windows 11,10. Hopefully, reinstalling and updating the AMD driver will help resolve the issue you were facing. If you have any questions or know of any other method, share the same in the comments section.
In addition, for any product-related queries, you can contact the technical team at email@example.com.
We love hearing from you, do share your suggestions or feedback with us.
Read Also: How to Rollback NVIDIA Drivers in Windows 10