Facing issues with the USB 3.0 driver? Here’s how to install USB 3.0 drivers.
To guarantee the normal functioning of the USB port, the latest version of Windows comes with built-in USB 3.0 drivers. However, the system with the old motherboard doesn’t have USB 3.0 drivers integrated. Due to this, if you want to use USB devices via USB 3.0 ports, you will have to install the USB drivers yourself. Understanding this and the issues users face due to outdated USB drivers in this post, we will discuss how to install USB 3.0 drivers.
There are two best ways to install USB 3.0 drivers on your Windows 10, 8, and 7. We will describe both methods in detail. This will help you choose the best-suited method for you.
But before that, let us learn what USB 3.0 drivers are and how to differentiate between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
What are USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10?
USB 3.0 is the third major version of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard. Using it, you can make faster data transfers. Moreover, all the latest devices these days have USB 3.0.
However, to keep it working normally, you must ensure you are running the updated USB 3.0 drivers. The USB port might stop working if you have an old, missing, or corrupt driver.
Following the step-by-step instructions given, you can easily update USB 3.0.
What is the Difference Between the USB 2.0 Port and the USB 3.0 Port
1. Generally, the USB 2.0 port is black, whereas the USB 3.0 port is blue.
2. USB 2.0 port has only 4 pins, while the USB 3.0 port has 9 pins.
3. USB 2.0 has no SS (SupperSpeed) marking that the USB 3.0 cable has.
Why Isn’t the USB 3.0 Driver Working on Windows 10?
Sometimes due to buggy updates, upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, or interference caused by third-party software, the USB 3.0 device stops working on Windows.
How To Check If The PC Is Configured With A USB 3.0 Driver?
A blue port doesn’t always mean that the motherboard is integrated with USB 3.0. To confirm, we will need to head to Windows Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Navigate to Universal Serial Bus controllers
3. Double-click to expand it
4. Here, look for devices with USB 3.0. If the USB 3.0 or the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controllers display a yellow exclamation mark, the USB 3.0 driver is not installed.
To get it on your computer, follow these steps.
How To Install USB 3.0 Drivers – Windows 10
The USB 3.0 drivers can be installed either manually or automatically. Where the manual method is time-consuming, risky, and requires technical knowledge, the automatic method is simple and involves no risk. Moreover, it can identify system configuration, Windows version number, bit, and device details.
If you are short on time or are looking for a method that involves no risk, try Advanced Driver Updater. This reliable and trusted driver updating utility helps update all old, missing, corrupt, or problematic drivers. Not only this, Advanced Driver Updater, before updating drivers, takes a backup and comes with a 60- day money-back guarantee.
2 Best Ways to install USB 3.0 Driver Update
Method 1: Manually install USB 3.0 Drivers Windows 10
Before following the steps explained below, visit the official site of your PC brand or motherboard manufacturers’ websites and download the correct driver update for USB 3.0 drivers. Once the driver is downloaded, follow the instructions to install the USB 3.0 driver update.
1. Press Win + X > select Device Manager.
2. Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and look for the USB 3.0 device. Right-click it > select Update Driver Software.
3. This will open a new window; select Browse my computer for driver software.
4. Click the Browse button, and head to the location where you downloaded and saved the USB 3.0 driver. Load it > OK> Next.
5. Wait for Windows to install the driver.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes. Now try to connect USB 3.0. You should not face any problems.
Note : If the driver file is in .exe format, you run it directly to install the USB 3.0 drivers. However, if it is in zip format, uncompress it and install the driver update.
Method 2: Automatically Install USB 3.0 Drivers for Windows 10 (Recommended)
If the above steps are time-consuming and require too much work, try Advanced Driver Updater, the automatic way to find outdated drivers and update them. Using it in no time, you can fix various driver-related issues like
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Launch the driver updating tool and click Start Scan Now.
3. Wait for the scan to finish
4. Once done, look for the USB 3.0 driver update and click the Update driver option next to it. If you are using the trial version, you must do as explained. However, if you are using the paid version, you can update all outdated drivers by clicking on the Update All button.
5. Once the installation is done, reboot the system to apply changes and let the new USB drivers take effect.
Note : Before updating drivers, Advanced Driver Updater takes a complete backup of the old drivers. This means if you face any problems, you can restore them.
Advanced Driver Updater comes with an option to exclude incompatible drivers and skip the update.
You can also schedule driver updates using the Scheduler feature provided by Advanced Driver Updater.
FAQ-Install USB 3.0 Drivers
FIX USB 3.0 DRIVER UPDATE
We hope using the above steps, you were able to download and install the latest driver update for USB 3.0. If you have any questions or doubts about installing USB 3.0 drivers, leave us your questions in the comments section. However, if you find the information helpful, share it with others and let us know which step you choose and why.
For any product-related queries, contact our technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Download USB PnP Sound Device DriversSound Device Driver
How to Download Apple Mobile Device USB Driver for Windows 11,10,8,7
How to Download and Update WD SES Device USB Device Driver
How to Download USB Mass Storage Device Driver on Windows 11