Are you unable to connect your Apple devices to your Windows PC? Read on to learn how to fix “Apple mobile device USB driver is missing.”
Usually, when you connect Apple devices to your Windows PC, if the most recent version of Apple drivers is installed, the computer automatically reads the Apple device. However, if the Apple Mobile Device USB driver for Windows is missing, corrupt, or outdated, then the system fails to read iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices.
In such cases, to fix the issue updating, Apple mobile device USB drivers are recommended. To help with that, we have curated this tutorial that explains the best ways to update the iPhone USB driver.
In case you are short on time and are looking for a reliable and effective way to update drivers, try Advanced Driver Updater.
This best Driver updating utility automatically scans the system for outdated drivers and shows compatible and latest drivers. Also, it takes a complete backup of old drivers before updating the drivers. This helps run the system in an older state. Furthermore, users can set scanning schedules to keep drivers updated and avoid facing any issues caused due to outdated drivers.
3 Best Ways to Update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Windows
Below we mention the best ways to update the Apple Mobile USB device driver and fix Apple devices not detected on Windows PC issues.
Method 1: Manually Updating Apple Mobile Device Driver Through Device Manager
To update drivers, Windows provides a built-in facility (Device Manager) that helps update drivers. Using it Device Manager, you can update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver on Windows 7/10/11.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Navigate to Universal Serial Bus devices. Double click it and locate the Apple Mobile USB Device driver.
3. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device USB Device > select Update Driver.
4. Select, Search automatically for drivers.
5. Windows will now look for Apple Mobile USB Device driver updates. Wait for it to download and install the latest driver update. If you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed.” You will need to check for available Windows Updates.
6. After updating and installing the driver, restart the PC to apply changes. In case the changes aren’t properly installed, you can do it by following the steps below:
Method 2 – Reinstall Apple Mobile USB Device Driver
1. Press Windows + X
2. Double click Universal Serial Bus devices
3. Right-click on the Apple Mobile Device USB Device > Uninstall
4. Checkmark the box next to Delete the driver software for this device > Ok.
5. Again, go to Device Manager > click Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
6. Wait for the scanning to complete and install the Apple Mobile USB device driver.
Read Also- How To Update Bluetooth Driver Windows 10
Method 3 – Updating Apple Mobile USB Device Driver Using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
Above we explained manual ways to update the driver. As you may agree, manual steps are time-consuming and require some technical knowledge. Also, manually updating drivers involves risk & is not easy. Therefore, if you are looking for an easy way to get the Apple Mobile Device USB driver downloaded, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater – a professional tool that helps update all types of outdated drivers.
You can use either the Free or Registered version to update drivers. The free version sets a limit of updating one driver at a time, while the registered version allows updating all at once. To use this amazing tool, follow the steps below:
1. Install Advanced Driver Updater by clicking the button below
2. Run the tool and click Start Scan Now allowing Advanced Driver Updater to scan the system.
3. Let the scanning complete.
4. When done, to update the driver click Update driver next to Apple Mobile Device USB driver (if using the trial version). However, if you are using the registered version, you can click Update All.
5. Wait for the driver update to be downloaded and installed.
6. Restart the PC to save changes. Now connect the Apple device, it should now be detected.
Frequently Asked Questions
That’s it; using these simple steps, you can update the Apple Mobile USB device driver. You can use either of the steps to update your driver on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7. However, if you are looking for the fastest and easiest way to update the USB driver, try Advanced Driver Updater. With minimum or no effort, the tool helps update all outdated drivers.
However, if you know of any other effective way to update the Apple Mobile USB device driver update, share it in the comments box. For any product-related issue, you can send an email to email@example.com