Are you unable to connect your Apple devices to your Windows PC? Read on to learn how to fix, “Apple mobile device USB driver is missing.”
Usually, when you connect Apple devices to your Windows PC, if the most recent version of Apple drivers is installed on your Windows PC the system automatically recognizes the Apple device. However, if the Apple Mobile Device USB driver for Windows is missing, corrupt, or outdated, then the system fails to read iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices. In such cases to fix the issue updating, Apple mobile device USB drivers is recommended. To help with that, we have curated this tutorial that explains the best ways to update the iPhone USB driver.
In case you are short on time and are looking for a reliable and effective way to update drivers, try Advanced Driver Updater.
This best driver updating utility automatically scans the system for outdated drivers and shows compatible and latest drivers. Also, before updating the drivers it takes a complete backup of old drivers. This helps restore changes if anything goes wrong. Furthermore, users can set scanning schedules to keep drivers updated and avoid facing any issues caused due to outdated drivers.
3 Best Ways to Update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Windows
Below we mention the best ways to update the Apple Mobile USB device driver and fix Apple devices not detected on Windows PC, issues.
Method 1: Update Apple Mobile Device Driver Via Device Manager
To update drivers Windows provides a built-in facility that helps update drivers. Using Device Manager, you can update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver on Windows 7/10/11.
To update the Apple Mobile Device driver, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. In the device manager window, look for Universal Serial Bus devices. Double click it and locate the Apple Mobile USB Device driver.
3. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device USB Device and select Update Driver.
4. This will open a new window here select, Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Windows will now look for Apple Mobile USB Device driver updates. Wait for it to download and install the latest driver update. In case you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed.” You will need to check for available Windows Update.
6. After updating and installing the driver, restart the PC to apply changes. In case the changes aren’t properly installed, you can do it by following the steps below:
Method 2 – Reinstall Apple Mobile USB Device Driver
1. Press Windows + X
2. Double click Universal Serial Bus devices
3. Right-click on the Apple Mobile Device USB Device > Uninstall
4. Checkmark the box next to Delete the driver software for this device > Ok.
5. Again go to Device Manager > click Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
6. Wait for the scanning to complete and install the Apple Mobile USB device driver.
Read Also- How To Update Bluetooth Driver Windows 10
Method 3 – Update Apple Mobile USB Device Driver Via Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
Above we explained manual ways to update the driver. As you may agree, manual steps are time-consuming and they require some technical knowledge. Also, manually updating drivers involves risk & is not easy. Therefore, if you are looking for an easy way to get the Apple Mobile Device USB driver downloaded we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater – a professional tool that helps update all types of outdated drivers.
The tool offers both Free and Registered versions of the product. Using the Free version you can update one driver at a time while using the registered version you can update all outdated drivers at once. To use this amazing tool follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the latest version of Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updating tool and click Scan Now allowing Advanced Driver Updater to scan the system for outdated drivers.
3. Wait for the scan to finish.
4. When done, to update the driver click Update driver next to Apple Mobile Device USB driver (if using the trial version). However, if you are using the registered version, you can click Update All to update all outdated drivers at once.
5. Wait for the driver update to be downloaded and installed.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes. Now connect the Apple device, it should now be detected.
That’s it, using these simple steps, you can update the Apple Mobile USB device driver. You can use either of the steps to update your driver on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7. However, if you are looking for the fastest and easiest way to update the USB driver, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater. The tool with minimum or no effort helps update all outdated drivers.
However, if you know of any other effective way to update the Apple Mobile USB device driver update, do share in the comments box. For any product-related issue, you can send an email to email@example.com