Want to use a USB Plug and Play sound device on your PC? However, don’t you know how to download the driver? Worry not, here we explain how to download and update USB PnP sound device driver Windows 11, 10 64 bit.
Whether you are facing issues with the USB PnP sound device or the USB PnP audio device driver is outdated, corrupt, or missing, follow the step-by-step instructions and fix the problem. This tutorial will help you learn different ways to update the USB PnP sound device driver. So, without wasting any time, let us dive into the right method and get the latest driver update for the device.
Read This- How to Download and Install AMD SMBus Driver
Before we get into the technical method that requires time, patience, and technical knowledge, I would like to introduce an automatic way to update drivers.
Recommended Way to Update USB PnP Sound Device Driver
When it comes to updating USB PnP device drivers on Windows 11 or 10, the best and trusted way is to use Advanced Driver Updater.
With the help of this driver updating tool in no time, you can identify and update all outdated drivers. Most importantly, to update drivers using this tool, you don’t need to provide any information; the tool automatically detects the device and operating system details. Also, as a precautionary measure, the best tool to update drivers takes a backup of the old driver that you can restore if you face any problem. Using it, you can update the system and external drivers like the USB Plug and Play audio driver.
To get the tool, click the button below-
Run the tool > perform a scan and update drivers. That’s it; Advanced Driver Updater will update all outdated drivers easily.
Now, let us learn another method.
A USB Plug and Play Audio device is an external device connected to the computer via a USB port that helps listen to the music, video, or any sound played on the system. For the device to work correctly, a sound card that translates the audio signal in the wave, producing a sound that we can listen to and intercept, is required. When the sound card driver is outdated, you might face issues using a USB PnP sound device. Therefore, keeping the proper driver updated is a must to avoid facing such issues.
Benefits of Using USB PnP Audio Device
- Simple plug and play and easy to use
- You don’t need to install any sound device to use these devices. This eliminates the chances of damaging internal devices.
- USB PnP is a small and portable device.
- Enjoy surround sound even when using a laptop.
- Can connect to a Home Theatre system and record voice also.
3 Best Ways to Update USB PnP Sound Device Driver
Below we explain different ways to update USB PnP sound device drivers. The first two methods are manual, while the last one is automatic. If you are in a hurry can skip to method 3 and use Advanced Driver Updater to update outdated drivers.
Method 1. Install USB PnP Sound Device Driver via Manufacturer’s Site
This method is right for you if you have the technical knowledge to identify the right driver to download and install the update. However, if you don’t have much technical understanding, we suggest you use this method with precaution. An incorrect driver update can make your system inoperational.
To update USB PnP sound device drivers from the manufacturer’s site, visit the manufacturer’s website. Once you are at the sound manufacturer website, go to the Driver download page > look for the device model number > select the correct operating system and bit for which you want to install the driver > download the setup file > double click the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to update driver > restart PC to apply changes.
In our case, the USB PnP device we are using is from ASUS; hence we visited the ASUS website.
Clicked on Driver & Tools and used the search bar to find the driver that matched the operating system we are running.
Downloaded the installation file > double-clicked the file and followed on-screen inscriptions to update the driver.
Method 2. Download USB PnP Sound Device Driver Through Device Manager
If you are not comfortable downloading and updating the USB PnP sound device driver for Windows from the manufacturer’s website, use Device Manager Windows built-in utility. Follow these steps to update the driver using Device Manager:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Go to the Sound, video, and game controllers category, double click to expand it, and right-click the USB PnP sound device > select Update driver.
3. Next, select Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to look for available driver updates. It will be automatically downloaded, installed, and updated in the background if available.
4. If an update is not available, you will get the message the best driver is installed on your PC. In such cases, we suggest checking for available Windows Update. If available, update Windows.
5. Restart the PC after completing the process, and that’s it.
Method 3. Update USB PnP Sound Device Driver Using Advanced Driver Updater (Automatically)
Advanced Driver Updater is the best and trusted way to update USB PnP sound device drivers and other outdated drivers. With the help of this powerful driver updating tool in no time, you can update the missing, corrupt, and older versions of all kinds of device drivers, including the external device driver.
You can use either the FREE version or the registered version to update drivers. However, there’s a catch using the FREE version; you can update one driver at a time. At the same time, the registered version allows updating all outdated drivers at once. Also, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and excellent technical support.
Here’s how to use the tool.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch the tool > click Start Scan Now to scan the Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and older versions for outdated, corrupt, and problematic drivers.
3. Wait for the scan to finish, review scan results.
4. If you use the trial version, click the Update driver link next to the sound driver. However, if you are a registered user, you can update all outdated drivers at once by clicking the Update All button.
5. Restart the system to apply changes.
So, now you know how you can update outdated drivers and the benefits of keeping drivers updated. It is up to you which method you choose. If you are short on time and don’t want to risk downloading an incorrect driver, use Advanced Driver Updater. However, if you know you can pick the right driver manually, you can go with any method. Remember to restart the PC after updating the driver; this helps apply changes and work correctly. Share your feedback, suggestion, or queries, if any, in the box below. For any product-related questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.