To avoid overheating and damage, the PC comes with a chipset, or integrated circuits, known as SMBus Controller. This helps check temperature and voltage. Also, it sends error messages within a limit when problems occur.
Generally, users don’t need to worry about this hardware device. However, if it stops functioning, you might face functionality issues, and the system voltage might go up, leading to system damage. Therefore, keeping the SMBus Controller driver updated for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP is recommended to avoid any issues and keep its performance intact.
Keeping this in mind, and to avoid this from happening, in this post, we will explain the best and proven ways to update the AMD SMBus driver.
However, if you are short on time and are looking for a way to update AMD SMBus, try Advanced Driver Updater. Using this best driver updating tool in no time without technical knowledge, you can update the SMBus driver. To learn how to use the tool, jump to the section.
To get the tool, click the Download button below.
Best Ways to Update SMBus Controller Driver
Below we explain different ways to update the SMBus Controller driver. You don’t need to try them all, just walk your way through and find the suitable method.
Method 1: Update SMBus Controller Driver Via Intel Download Center:
The SMBus Controller driver’s latest version is downloaded from Intel Download Center. Below we share the whole process of doing it.
1. Visit Intel Download Center.
2. From the list of options, select Chipsets.
3. Choose the chipset type, operating system, & download type from the list of options.
4. From Download Type, select the driver and click Download next to the chipset driver.
5. Once the .exe file is downloaded, double-click on it to install the driver and follow on-screen prompts.
6. After installing the SMBus Controller driver, restart your PC.
Method 2: Update the SMBus Controller Driver Via Device Manager
If you don’t like updating SMBus Controller Driver via the Intel Download Center, you can use Device Manager, the in-house driver updating tool.
To use it and update the SMBus Controller driver follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and right-click the SMBus Controller driver > Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Wait for Windows to finish downloading and installing the SMBus Controller driver.
6. Restart the system to update the SMBus driver.
Method 3: Update the SMBus Controller Driver Automatically (Recommended):
Updating drivers manually can be a difficult, time-consuming, and tiring process. Also, it requires technical knowledge. Therefore, if you are short on time or don’t have technical knowledge, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater. Using this driver updating tool, you can accomplish the task of updating drivers effortlessly with a click.
Alongside updating outdated drivers in a few clicks, Advanced Driver Updater also offers different features –
- Take a backup of old drivers before updating them.
- Allows restoring drivers if anything goes wrong.
- Schedule driver update.
Also Read- How to Download and Update AMD GPIO Driver
To use Advanced Driver Updater and update the SMBus Controller driver follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch the driver updating tool.
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system, Advanced Driver Updater will automatically identify the outdated drivers.
4. Wait for the scan to finish
5. Review scan results and click Update driver next to chipset driver. You can update the driver using either the trial or paid version. However, there’s a catch trial version, which allows updating one driver at a time. While using the paid version, you can update all outdated drivers simultaneously.
6. Once the driver installation is completed, restart the system to apply changes.
This will update the outdated driver (s) on your PC.
Wrap Up – SMBus Controller Driver Downloaded
This article explained different methods to update the SMBus Controller driver. You can use any method to update the driver. However, if you are looking for an easy and effective way to download and update the latest SMBus driver, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater. The software will allow you to update the driver without spending much time and identifying system details manually. We hope you find the information helpful and can update SMBus Controller Driver.
Read Also- How to Download AMD Driver with Auto-Detect
Do share your feedback in the comments section below.