Now record a Skype call using the built-in recording feature or use Advanced Screen Recorder to capture screen and record audio and video calls.
With more than 300 million monthly active users, Skype is one of the most popular instant messengers and VoIP software. It comes with various features like text chat, screen sharing, file transfer, video calls, and more. Using it, you can make free Skype to Skype calls while calling mobile or landline numbers is chargeable.
In the past, recording audio or video calls on Skype was impossible, which was the biggest drawback for users. However, with changing times, Skype has also advanced, and now it offers a built-in recording feature for desktop, mobile, and the web, using which you record Skype calls.
Sadly, these recorded calls last on Skype for only 30 days. However, you can save them as an MP4 file for future reference and sharing. But why go through all this hassle when you have an easy way out? With Advanced Screen Recorder, you can record Skype meetings, video calls, and calls and save them for as long as you want. Moreover, you can add a watermark, record a screen with an overlay speed of up to 120 FPS, and more.
To get Advanced Screen Recorder Today
Fact – Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android users can easily record Skype calls using the app. However, when using Skype for the web, you can face issues as the version works smoothly only in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Here we explain how to record Skype video calls on a laptop, how to record Skype meetings, and how to record Skype videos.
Here’s How to Record Skype Calls on a Computer?
Recording Skype calls using the built-in feature.
- Launch Skype
- Make a Skype call.
- Next, click the three dots button at the bottom-right corner of the screen > “Start recording.” Alternatively, you can click the Record option at the bottom left corner.
Your Skype call/ meeting/ video call will now be recorded, with all participants being informed by a banner.
- When done, click “Stop recording” before the call is over or end the call. The recording will now be saved. Alternatively, you can click the Stop button at the bottom left corner.
To save the call, click the three dots next to the recording > “Save to ‘Downloads.”
Note : If you fail to save the recording within 30 days, it will disappear. You can also save your recording from the conversation page.
Recording Skype Calls Using a Third-Party Tool – Advanced Screen Recorder
To record Skype video calls, Skype meetings, and Skype video calls on a laptop, follow these steps.
- Download and install Advanced Screen Recorder.
- Launch screen recorder software to record Skype calls.
- Make a Skype call and click the Record button to start recording. Before clicking the Record button, you get various area selection options – Full Screen, Select Region, Select Window, and Webcam.
- If you cannot see the Advanced Screen Recorder window in the Taskbar, look for it in the System Tray,> right-click > launch Advanced Screen Recorder.
- Full Screen– captures the entire screen.
- Select Region– records selected area of the screen
- Select Window– select the specific window to record
- Webcam– record the video when using the webcam.
In addition, the Advanced screen recorder allows you to record video with a webcam overlay.
- When done, click the red stop button you see in the system tray. This will automatically save the Skype audio and video or whatever you were recording.
How To See the Recorded Skype Video Call on your Computer?
To see the recorded screen, launch Advanced Screen Recorder. Click the Recordings option to see the recorded Skype video call/meeting/call.
To play the recording, click the Play icon. In addition to this, click the Folder icon to open the directory where the recorded Skype video is saved. Clicking the Trash icon, you can delete the saved recording.
To view captured screenshots click the Screenshot tab and click the Photos icon. This is how you view the recorded screen.
If you have any questions about the tool or how to use it, you can email the support team at email@example.com. They will assist you and will help resolve all your queries.
Free Skype Call Recording –
Using these simple steps and a third-party tool like Advanced Screen Recorder, you can easily record Skype audio calls, video calls, and Skype meetings on a laptop or desktop. With Advanced Screen Recorder, you can surpass the time limit of saving recordings added by Skype. We hope you like the information we shared and will give Advanced Screen Recorder a try. Do share your feedback in the comments section below.