It doesn’t matter which device or operating system you are using. Cybercriminals have devised sophisticated ways to target the devices regardless of the operating system. This makes protecting the system using the right antivirus software designed for your operating system crucial. However, not all antivirus software is equal. Some offer real-time protection, exploit protection, web protection, scheduling, and different scanning modes, and others don’t. This makes choosing the best security tool a complicated task.
If you think by searching for the best antivirus protection tool, you will be able to get a single answer, you’re mistaken. Google or whichever search engine you use will give you tens of thousands of options. But do you have the time or patience to use every security tool and pick the best?
Certainly not! I understand you have other important things to take care of, and selecting antivirus software might be the last thing on your list. But if you know what to look for in the best antivirus software, won’t things be easy?
So, here’s a guide that will help you choose the best antivirus software for Windows.
Short on Time?
Don’t have time to check the pointers? Don’t worry, here’s our recommendation.
We suggest using T9 Antivirus to add a security layer to your PC. If you are thinking why we suggest only this tool. Here are some of the notable features of the antivirus program.
Features – T9 Antivirus
- Real-time protection
- Malware and exploit protection
- USB Stick protection
- Schedule scanning
- Startup Manager to protect against potentially unwanted startup apps
- Different scan types for thorough and customized scanning
- Web Protection
- Automatic Updates
- PC Optimizer & Shredder
- Stop All Ads
Importantly, it does not interfere with the working of other software.
You can download it by clicking on the button below:
How to select the best Antivirus Software?
The process of picking the best antivirus software starts with what protection it offers.
Antivirus – protection against viruses and other threats, too.
At a minimum, the antivirus you pick should be able to shield you from malware, spyware, keyloggers, scams, and more.
Often, these threats overlap, but this doesn’t mean you settle for any antivirus tool. To guard your data, the best antivirus software for Windows must protect you from repeated threats.
Malware – Unwanted programs that slow down the system, collect data, and spy on your activities. It includes spyware, keyloggers, adware, and ransomware.
Scams – Tricks used by scammers to deceive users into sharing sensitive information. Usually, it takes place via emails, websites, phishing, harming, and more.
Real-Time Protection – To detect and remove threats, the best antivirus protection should always be on the constant lookout for cybersecurity risks.
Though all antivirus software offers real-time protection, not all do that. What they do is they handle the issue once the system is infected. Therefore, always go with the proactive antivirus that offers all-around protection.
Threat prevention features antivirus should include:
- Comprehensive system scans – scans every nook and cranny of the system, including subfolders, hidden files, and more, to keep the system safe. This type of scanning mode ensures no threat lurking around goes undetected.
- Web protection – a feature that scans the URL links and informs the user if the site can be dangerous.
- Reactive file scanning – scans all files before opening, downloading, or moving them into the system. It compares the file against an antivirus database to decide whether it is safe or dangerous.
Furthermore, the best antivirus should let users review scan results and allow them to quarantine threats.
If you remember these points, you will never miss out on picking the best antivirus for your PC. If you want more tips, let us know in the comments section we will come with part 2 of this post.
Now that we know what the best antivirus should have let us learn how to use T9 Antivirus.
How to use T9 Antivirus?
To use T9 Antivirus and protect your PC from threats like malware, viruses, spyware, keyloggers, and others, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install T9.
2. Run T9 Antivirus, the best antivirus software for Windows.
3. Click the Scan Types option from the left pane to select the scanning mode.
The tool offers three scanning modes –
- Quick Scan – scans critical system areas for infections
- Deep Scan – scans folders, subfolders, and all the parts for threats. It is time-consuming.
- Custom Scan – gives users an option to select areas to scan that take much longer than Quick Scan.
Pick any to scan the system for threats.
Note : Deep Scan is in-depth and scans every corner of the system. Therefore, use it when the system is idle at least once a month.
4. Wait for the scanning process to complete.
5. After the scanning, T9 Antivirus lists infected files and quarantines them.
6. Thereafter, you will see a threat result summary of the action performed.
8. Restart the system to apply changes.
To schedule automatic scanning using T9 Antivirus, follow these steps:
1. Launch T9 Antivirus.
2. Click Scan Types from the left pane.
3. You will see the Schedule option at the bottom right corner of the product. Click it.
4. This will open the Scheduler window.
5. From here, select the scan type, frequency when you want to run the scan, weekdays, and time.
6. Click Apply to save changes. T9 Antivirus will now run the selected scan at the scheduled time.
Note : For T9 Antivirus to scan your system at the scheduled time, your PC should be turned on and awake.
By keeping these pointers in mind, you can easily pick the best antivirus software for Windows. Ensure you don’t fall for false promises or big discounts when choosing an antivirus.
T9 Antivirus is the best antivirus software, offering real-time, web, malware, and exploit protection. Also, it runs in the background without interfering with any process and scans startup items for threats. Unlike other security tools, the database definitions are updated regularly, and anyone can use the tool. Its threat detection rate is impressive, so it is a must-try for Windows users.
We hope you will give it a try. Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comments section.