The Disc Image Burner Not Found error appears when burning an ISO file or when the CD drive is not functioning properly. If you are facing a similar issue this minor problem can be solved using the fixes discussed in this article.
CDs and DVDs seem like a thing of the past. However, you might find it interesting that they are still used to install software and operating systems. The most common use of a CD/DVD writer is found when dealing with games, operating systems, and, more importantly, ISO files on a Windows PC. Therefore, when the disk image error occurs, things might get complicated. Here are the ways to troubleshoot them.
Reasons for A disc burner wasn’t found error
- DVD ROM doesn’t have read-write capabilities.
- A glitch in Windows.
- Executable is stuck.
- Corrupt DVD writer driver.
- Cannot copy a mounted ISO on a flash drive with native burning utility.
Best Ways to Deal with Disc Image Burner Not Found Error on Windows
The disc image burner error occurs for many reasons. However, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and deviate from the main issue.
Note : If you want to create a bootable Pendrive or transfer IOS data to your removable disk, you can do that too, but that process is different than using a Disc Image burner. It is also why you should start the troubleshooting process by checking whether the hardware you use supports disc image burning.
Solution 1 – Check the Writing Capabilities of Your Disc Drive
It is important to know whether the disc drive you use has the capabilities to write or is just read-only hardware. Sometimes, old PC owners, without having proper hardware, try writing a disc image. To check whether your CD drive supports disc burning and data writing, use the following steps –
- Open File Explorer and Navigate to This PC
- Look for the Devices and drives.
- Check whether the DVD driver name says RW or R in the name of the device.
RW stands for Read & Write, while R stands for Read. If you see R, it means you cannot write the disc, either due to incompatible hardware or the unavailability of the disc image burner. To fix it, upgrade your hardware.
However, if your PC supports CD/DVD writing and is still not allowing you to write or burn a disc or the error keeps appearing, here are some other fixes you can try.
Solution 2 – Restart File Explorer
When you leave your Windows 10 PC idle for a while, it often lags on reuse. Due to this, the issue of the disc burner not being found occurs.
If you have inserted the disc, but the PC is not detecting it, try restarting File Explorer. Here’s how to do it –
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager on your PC
- In the Task manager, look for File Explorer in running processes.
- Click on it and click the End task button.
- This will stop all the File Explorer processes and close all open and running applications.
- Now, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- In Run, type cmd and hit enter. This will give you access to your command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt, type explorer.exe and hit enter to start the explorer again.
These steps will help you process the disc you have inserted. Once the computer detects that you have a writable disc inserted, it will initiate the burner without any issues.
Solution 3 – Update Your DVD Drivers
For the smooth functioning of connected hardware, drivers are important. Since the DVD writer is also hardware, updating drivers is required to work in sync with the PC.
Most users cannot do it because they do not know how to update drivers automatically on Windows. When searching for a way to do so, many find themselves stuck in the long process of using device management tools.
You can use a driver updater tool if you are also stuck in a similar situation. It is a dedicated program that automatically updates outdated drivers for you in no time.
Advanced Driver Updater is one of the best tools to update drivers. Here’s how it works –
1. Download the tool today from the link given below. It is easy and takes 5 minutes to install.
2. Run the application to find options for scanning your PC for outdated drivers.
3. Click on start scan to initiate the scan.
4. The scanner will go through every driver your PC has and highlight the outdated ones, and you can update all outdated drivers at once.
5. Once you have the results, choose the update option, and the application will do the rest.
It simply takes 5 easy steps to update your DVD writer drivers. Once you have updated the drivers, reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. Try using the disc image burner again, which will work if the issue is related to drivers.
These two are concrete fixes that you can opt for. Besides these, consider upgrading your DVD writer hardware as it is an older technology, and you might be using it for a while. Also, ensure that the disc you are using is compatible with the writer and is not damaged or scratched.
Fixed – A Disc Burner wasn’t Found
That brings us to the end of this post. All in all, the drivers might be causing the disc image burner to stop working. You can update your drivers using Advanced Driver Updater and ensure that you have the best hardware and software to finish the tasks you aim for.
I hope the information you found in the blog assists you with the disc image burner not found error. Good luck, and share your experience with the fixes in the comments below!