The Aspire series by Acer is a popular laptop collection. However, there are a few issues that users have recently brought to light. One such issue is the sound not working error.
Usually, the error lies in the audio drivers and can be fixed by updating them from a reliable source. However, there are other factors as well that may cause the error. Let’s look at these issues and understand what may be the possible solution for your Acer Aspire laptop sound not working.
Let’s get started!
Ways to Fix Acer Aspire Series Sound Not Working
Knowing that the issue is with your laptop, not the hardware, will help fix the problem. Therefore, before jumping to the technical solutions for sound issues, make sure you perform some basic troubleshooting –
- If you use headphones or external speakers, try to connect them to another laptop and check if it’s the device or the computer.
- Check the volume mixer settings on your PC and ensure there is no Realtek audio issue on the laptop.
- Check the laptop for hardware damage, i.e.; there should be no liquid spilled on the speakers or anywhere else on the laptop.
Once you have ensured that it is an internal issue with the Acer Aspire laptop, jump to the following fixes.
Fix #1 – Check for Driver Updates for Your Sound Card
Every laptop or PC has a dedicated sound card that interacts with internal and external sound devices. The soundcard is considered an integral part of the laptop and is usually updated with major and minor Windows Updates.
However, sometimes during Windows Updates, the driver updates are either not installed or missed. Therefore, to troubleshoot the no-sound working problem, ensure no pending updates, as it can affect your sound output. But if there’s an update that you don’t want to install due to other bugs, no issues, you can use Advanced Driver Updater to update the sound driver.
It is a driver updater tool that scans your PC for missing driver updates, fetches obsolete drivers, and allows you to update them individually and together. The tool is super easy to use and can significantly help in such situations. Here’s how the tool works –
- Download, install and run the tool on your PC from the desktop shortcut or start menu.
- Use the Start Scan Now button to initiate scanning for drivers that need updates.
- Once the scan is over, you will have the list. Click on Update All and let the process finish.
After the process is finished, restart your PC, and you are good to go! Three simple steps and
your sound issue will be resolved. Check the speakers; they should have started working.
Fix 2 – Run the Windows 11 Sound Troubleshooter
On your Windows 11, you have a dedicated troubleshooter for input and output sound devices. Since you are looking for a solution for no audio, output device troubleshooting might help. Here’s how to access it.
- Press Windows + I to open system settings.
- In System Settings, navigate to Sound.
- Here, scroll down a bit to find Troubleshoot common sound issues option.
- Click on output devices to initiate the troubleshooting.
- Let the process of detecting issues finish.
Usually, the troubleshooter helps list the issue you may be facing & gives a generalized solution. In case you do not get a satisfactory answer from the troubleshooter, do not worry. We do have another fix in store!
Fix #3 – Reinstall your Sound Card Drivers
If your laptop is always connected to the internet, your sound driver might have been infected. Try to recall when was the last time the sound worked properly.
If fixes 1 and 2 do not get the job done, the ideal solution is to reinstall your sound drivers. It has a few complicated steps but can be done quickly.
Here’s how you do it –
- Press Win+R to bring up the Run search box.
- Use the command devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, look for your sound device in the Audio inputs and outputs section.
- Right-click on your primary audio device and select Uninstall device.
- Click on Uninstall.
Once you do this, you might get an error that says no audio output device is installed. It is fine as the process still has one step to finish, i.e., restarting your laptop.
As your PC reboots, speakers will be detected, and the sound and audio drivers will be reinstalled. Once that’s done, you can find that the sound has started working on your PC.
If you have an older laptop from the Acer Aspire series, repeat Fix 1 after using Fix 3 for the best results.
Acer Aspire Sound Issues – Fixed!
With the help of these simple yet effective fixes, you can quickly fix your Acer Aspire series sound issues. If there’s one thing you would have noticed so far, it is the importance of drivers. All the problems are related to sound drivers, and the fixes revolve around the same.
So, if you want no more issues on your PC, keep your drivers updated, and Advanced Driver Updater can help. Download it today!
That’s all for this post. Leave a line below to let us know which fix did the job for you! Good luck!