If your Acer monitor is not working, you can check the troubleshooting guide below and fix Acer Monitor not turning on and other issues.
When the Acer monitor suddenly stops working, all work comes to a halt. If you are experiencing the same issue, you are in luck. The post explains the best ways to get the Acer monitor working again. However, if you have performed all basic troubleshooting but have had no luck, we suggest updating drivers. It is a common reason for the Acer monitor to turn on, but it has no display issue.
The best and quickest way to detect and update outdated drivers is to use Advanced Driver Updater. It is one of the best driver updater software for Windows that allows updating individual and all outdated drivers. With its help, you can back up old drivers, schedule driver scanning, keep drivers updated, and do much more. To get Advanced Driver Updater, click the button below:
Reasons for Acer Screen Not Turning On
Several reasons can cause the issue, and some of them include:
- Missing or outdated Acer drivers.
- Inadequate power supply.
- Static electricity.
- Faulty power cords or adapters.
- Monitor hardware issues.
Here’s how to resolve the error and turn on Acer Monitor.
How to Fix Acer Monitor Not Working?
Before we get into technicality, let’s learn how to find the Acer monitor number. After that, we will begin with basic troubleshooting, like checking if the monitor is turning on, and then we will follow other methods.
How can the Serial and SNID numbers of the Acer Monitor with no signal be found?
The SNID and the serial number of the monitor are printed on the label pasted on the backside of the Acer monitor. These numbers are used online to download drivers and other resources.
Struggling with Acer monitor no signal Issue?
The first and foremost step to resolve the issue is to ensure that the power supply and connections to the monitor are proper. For this, check the following things:
- The power strip. While checking it, ensure the switch should be off.
- Try to connect the monitor to an alternate power source.
- Reset the monitor by pressing the Power button for a few seconds. Now connect the monitor to the power source and turn it on.
- Some monitors have internal batteries; we recommend getting them checked too. Power reset the battery when your monitor is unplugged.
If all the power cords are working fine and other devices are connecting efficiently, it is a problem with your Acer monitor. To find out the culprit, let’s follow other methods.
Also Read- How To Download Acer Wi-Fi Driver For Windows
Test Adapter Cables
Another quick hack to fix Acer Monitor issues is to test the adapter cables. For this, ensure that the signal cables are connected. Alternatively, you can try connecting to another device or replacing the cables. It might work.
Ways to Fix Acer Monitor Not Working
If the basic troubleshooting was no help, try the following technical troubleshooting steps.
Fix 1 – Restore Monitor Settings To Default
Some monitors have the OSD button; you can press it for a few seconds to reset your monitor to default settings. Alternatively, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Menu key.
- Head to System Setup.
- Click on Yes to restore your monitor to default settings.
Now check the Acer Monitor is not working problem should be resolved.
Fix 2 – Update Graphics Card Drivers
Often, this issue occurs due to outdated or corrupt graphics drivers. Here you have two choices, one to upgrade your monitor manually or the second to update drivers using a strong Driver Updater Software automatically. We’ll be discussing both these ways in this section.
Manually Update Graphics Driver
Follow the steps below to update graphics card drivers on your Acer monitor manually:
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box, type in msc, or directly head to Start Menu and choose Device Manager.
- Now, head to Display Adapters and click on the arrow beside the expanded menu.
- Right-click on the available graphics card driver and click on Update Driver.
- You’ll see a new dialog box asking how you want to search for drivers. Click on ‘Search automatically for the drivers’ and wait for the process to complete.
- Once finished, reboot your computer to apply changes. Acer monitors not turning on should now be fixed.
Our Recommendation: Use Advanced Driver Updater To Update Drivers Automatically
Last but not least, we recommend you use robust driver updater software to automatically scan for outdated or corrupted drivers and update them all in a go. Here’s how to use Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater on your computer using the button below.
2. Launch the app on your device.
3. Click on Start Scan Now to begin scanning for outdated or corrupt drivers.
4. Wait for the process to finish.
5. Once done, click on Update All Outdated drivers, or you can choose to update specific drivers one by one.
6. That’s it. After all your drivers are updated, restart your PC to apply changes.
Update Faulty Graphics Driver & Fix Display Issues on Acer Monitor
So, these were some of the best hacks to fix issues like Acer Monitor not working, unable to turn on the Acer monitor, Acer monitor buttons not working, and more. Try these ways out, and let us know if you found the article helpful. In addition to them, we suggest checking the RAM, GPU, and Power Supply Unit. If they are well connected and working fine, update drivers. Try Advanced Driver Updater, the trusted software to update drivers.
Please drop us a note in the comments section below for any queries or suggestions.
Next Read : Fixed – Acer Aspire Series Sound Not Working