Your Acer laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Looking for ways to fix the issue and access the internet? Read the post to learn how to fix Wi-Fi not connecting.
You’ve come to the right place; here, we will discuss common reasons for the Acer Wi-Fi driver not working and how to fix the problem.
Common Reasons for Acer Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
– Wi-Fi is disabled on your laptop.
– Corrupt network adapter.
– WLAN AutoConfig service not running.
How to Fix Acer Laptop Wi-Fi Not Working Problem?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help fix Acer’s laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi issue. Just walk your way through the solution until you find the right fix for the Wi-Fi problem.
1. Enable the WLAN feature
If your laptop has the Wi-Fi button, turn it on if disabled. However, if there is no switch, follow these steps to enable the Wi-Fi.
1. Press the Windows key + I to open Windows settings.
2. Click Network & Internet.
3. Click Wi-Fi > toggle Wi-Fi button to On.
4. Restart the Acer laptop and connect to Wi-Fi; it should work.
2. Run WLAN AutoConfig Service
WLAN AutoConfig service provides the logic required to connect to, disconnect, and configure the wireless local area network (WLAN). When the service is disabled, WLAN adapters stop working. Therefore, we’ll need to check whether the WLAN AutoConfig service is running properly.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
2. Type services.msc
3. Look for WLAN AutoConfig > double click to open the settings.
4. Set Startup type to Automatic and Service status is Running.
5. Click Apply > Ok.
6. Restart the laptop and try to connect to Wi-Fi.
3. Update Wireless Network Adapter Driver
Note : To update drivers either manually or automatically, you need to have a glitch-free internet connection.
Method 1: Manually download and update Acer Wi-Fi driver on Windows
By visiting the manufacturer’s site, one can easily download driver updates. But remember, this involves risk as an incorrect driver update can make the system non-functional. Hence, before moving ahead, we request you to take backup of outdated drivers, for this can use Smart Driver Care, as the tool allows taking backup of old drivers.
Once you have either the driver backup or the data backup, only then proceed with the steps below:
Steps to download Acer WiFi driver manually
1. Visit the Acer website.
2. Enter the serial #, SNID, or model number to identify your Acer device.
Alternatively, you can select your device by category.
3. Next, make sure the operating system for the model number selected is correct. If not, change it using the down arrow.
4. Thereafter, click the Driver section and scroll down to look for a wireless network adapter driver.
5. Click the Download option next to the size of the driver file.
6. Wait for the download to complete. Afterward, follow on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Tip: Since this step requires technical expertise, if you are a novice, avoid downloading and updating drivers manually. Doing so might harm your system and its performance.
Let’s move to an automatic way to update the Acer Wi-Fi driver to avoid such a problem and simplify the task.
Method 2: Automatically download and update Acer wireless drivers on Windows (Smart Driver Care)
If the above steps seem too much work, you can try updating the Acer WiFi driver automatically using Smart Driver Care.
This professional driver updater tool for Windows scans your system for outdated drivers and updates them quickly. To use this tool, you don’t need to gather system information; the driver updater automatically detects required details. Smart Driver Care handles everything, and the risk of downloading an incorrect driver is not there. Also, using this driver updater, you can update outdated software, takes a backup of drivers, change themes, schedule driver scans, and do a lot more.
Steps to download Acer wireless driver on Windows.
1) Download and install Smart Driver Care.
2) Launch Smart Driver Care and click Scan Now. Wait for the driver updater to finish the scan and list outdated and corrupt drivers.
3) Thereafter, to update the Acer Wi-Fi driver click the Update Driver button to update the wireless adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.
Alternatively, to update all outdated drivers, click the Update All (Remember – To use this feature, you need the registered version, which helps update all drivers at once. Moreover, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.)
4) After updating the driver, to apply changes, reboot the system. Now try to connect devices wirelessly with your Acer machine; you should not face any problems.
Also, note that the registered version of Smart Driver Care comes with technical support. This means at any time; if you face any problem or have any questions about the product, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
4. Modify Power Management Settings
Power Management settings of the wireless network adapter can also disable the wireless network adapter. Therefore, you need to check and modify the Power Management settings.
- Press Windows + X > select Device Manager.
- Go to Network adapters > double click the expand it right-click the wireless network adapter > select Properties.
- Click the Power Management tab > uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power > OK.
- Restart the laptop to apply changes.
5. Allow Wi-Fi Connection in Antivirus Program
Your antivirus application may prevent your laptop from connecting to WiFi; you may temporarily disable it in your computer and reconnect to WiFi.
If your Acer laptop can connect to Wi-Fi, the antivirus application is not allowing the connection to be established. In this scenario, you should add your WiFi connection to the antivirus exception list and ensure that your WiFi connection is allowed via the antivirus application.
Remember to re-enable your antivirus application afterward.
6. Manually Connect To A Wireless Network
If the above fixes did not work, try connecting to Wi-Fi manually.
- In the Windows search, type Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network, then click Next.
- Enter the information for your WiFi, including Network name, Security type, and Security Key. Check the box next to Start this connection automatically > click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.Now try to connect the Acer laptop to the wireless networks.
That’s all for now. Hope by following either of the steps explained in this post; you will be able to download and update the Acer WiFi driver. In case you have any suggestions or questions, do leave the same in the comments section. We’d love to hear from you.