Our lives are linked to digital data as we save our critical data on PC. Hence, we cannot afford to lose these important files. However, data loss seems inevitable as humans aren’t infallible – we all make mistakes.
Overcoming this situation is not as difficult as you think. The article explains how you can undelete files quickly using data recovery software like advanced Disk Recovery and other ways.
Table of Content
- How to Undelete Files on Windows with Recycle Bin
- How to Recover Files Using a File Recovery Software (Recommended)
- Recovering Lost/ Deleted Data from the Previous Version (if System Restore is Enabled)
- Retrieving Files From Backup
Anyone can lose data accidentally. When this happens, there’s no need to get anxious. Luckily, there are several ways to undelete files on your computer. Yet, not many users know the recovery software to use and how to recover deleted files on the computer.
Hence, I will explain quick and easy ways to undelete files in this tutorial. Furthermore, I’ll also make you understand how data recovery is possible.
Fastest Way To Recover Deleted Files Windows 11/10/8/7
When a file is deleted, the first place to look for it is in the Recycle Bin. It is a special folder in Windows that temporarily stores deleted files or folders. To retrieve deleted data from Recycle Bin, follow these steps:
Steps to Undelete Files From Recycle Bin
In addition to this, if you want to undeleted multiple files, you can use the Restore selected items button.
How to Recover Files Using a File Recovery Software (Recommended)
If you have emptied the Recycle Bin or the file you are looking for is not there, you can use one of the best recovery software – Advanced Disk Recovery to get permanently deleted files on a PC or laptop.
Developed by Systweak Software, Advanced Disk Recovery is a straightforward file recovery software that helps retrieve different file formats.
Benefits of Using Advanced Disk Recovery:
- Supports formatted recovery, permanently deleted file recovery, and more.
- Restore data from USB, external HDD, SD card, and other storage devices.
- Undelete lost Word, Excel, Images, Audio, Video, and different file formats.
Once you have downloaded and installed Advanced Disk Recovery software, follow these step-by-step instructions to recover deleted files on your computer.
- Launch the recovery software for Windows.
- Select the storage media and drive letter to be scanned for deleted files and folders.
Advanced Disk Recovery can retrieve deleted files from different types of storage devices. Here are some examples of the devices:
Internal Storage Drive – Files that no longer in the Recycle Bin or deleted by pressing Shift + Delete can be easily retrieved from your HDD and SSD (if TRIM is disabled) with this recovery software.
External Hard Drives – If the data is lost or deleted from an external drive, connect it to the PC. Run Advanced Disk Recovery for scanning and recovering files.
Flash Drives – This recovery tool for Windows PC can easily read flash drives and help restore data. To scan the connected drive, remember to select the Removable option.
Memory Cards – Connecting memory cards to Windows PC helps get back deleted files from memory cards when using Advanced Disk Recovery.
- Up next, select the scanning mode.
To recover the maximum number of deleted files to scan every folder and file, we suggest using Deep Scan.
- Wait for the scan to finish, remember, Deep Scan is time-consuming. Therefore, you want to be patient, and you can use it when the system is in an ideal state.
- Check the scanning results and select the files that you want to restore properly.
- Next, click the Recover button to retrieve the file.
- Select the location where you want to save recovered files. To avoid overwriting in the deleted data, select another drive, preferably an external drive.
This is how using Advanced Disk Recovery, the best recovery software for Windows; you can undelete files from your computer.
Other Methods To Restore Deleted Files
Recovering Lost/ Deleted Data from the Previous Version (if System Restore is Enabled)
If the System Restore functionality is enabled on your Windows, you can restore deleted files using the Previous Version option. To use it, follow these steps:
- In the Windows search bar, type computer > open it.
- Go to the folder in which the deleted files were saved.
- Right-click and select Restore previous versions.
- You’ll now get a list of the previous versions of files created with Windows backup.
- Select the version you want to undelete.
- Save the file to a new location.
Retrieving Files From Backup
Another way to keep valuable data protected is by keeping a backup. If you have a backup of the data you want to undelete, you can use the backup media to restore data. Here we explain general steps to restore deleted data from backup.
- Go to the storage media on which the backups are stored. If it is an external media, connect it to the PC.
- Open the storage media > select the file and restore it.
How are you able to Recover a Deleted File?
When a file is deleted from the PC, you lose the reference from the computer. This means the files are still on the disk unless overwritten. The best way to restore the files when deleted from Recycle Bin is to use recovery software and stop using the disk from which the data is deleted.
The Best Way to Undelete Files
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, you can restore deleted files differently. However, if you think without using recovery software, it is possible, then the answer is No.
Manually recovering permanently deleted files isn’t easy. We’ve shared manual and automatic ways to recover data in this article. See which one works best.
You need to remember that you should stop using the PC and perform any operation on the disk from which data is deleted.