Computers serve many purposes in our daily life. One purpose is backing up and storing photos clicked through smartphones and digital cameras. On a PC, the storage capacity is higher than on a smartphone; thus, people use a PC to store photos to free up space. However, photo loss has become common with uninvited malware and ransomware attacks.
In this blog, let us look at tips to prevent the loss of pictures and how you can recover them. Without further ado, let’s jump right into the tips!
3 Tips to Prevent Photos Loss on Your PC
1. Always Use a Centralized Approach
Having multiple folders for photos makes it difficult to take care of every collection. Try to create a dedicated library using folders and segregation that keeps the entire collection centralized. This way, you are always aware of where your photos are and whether they are optimized.
On the other hand, when you keep your photos scattered around the PC, you often need to remember the location. This means even if the file is on the drive, you need to realize where you have saved it. This way, you often create duplicate copies of your pictures, which could be more optimal.
The best way is to create a centralized folder that has all the subfolders classified for your image collection. Below is a screenshot explaining how you can create a centralized version for the same:-
2. Keep Your PC Protected
One of the most common problems that result in photos loss on a PC is weak security. PCs prone to ransomware attacks and without protection are the most vulnerable to data loss, especially photos. The idea is to protect your PC using an antivirus program. Or if you are a Windows 10,11 user, you can use the inbuilt defender to its best potential.
Keeping your PC protected from general malware and other issues depends on the protection that you are using. However, it is not limited to it. The smallest of practices can help you make your PC safe and secure. These practices include –
- Always scan storage devices before you start using them on your PC. Pen Drives and hard drives are the most common carriers of malware that may cause data loss. Since photos are the most commonly found contents of a PC, they affect them the most.
- Keep your PC protected from the internet. While internet connectivity brings unlimited features to your PC, it is also vulnerable to hundreds of errors and issues. Always ensure you have online protection on your PC, or else it can pose a threat to your identity online and result in photos loss.
- Keep refreshing your photo collection. The hard drive often develops bad sectors when you store data for a long time in a location without opening it. It is just like dust on a shelf that you never use. Make sure you regularly check your photos and open the collection to ensure no anomalies are present in your photos.
3. Safely Remove Hardware after Copying your Photos
This is one of the most common mistakes people make. They never use the safely remove hardware option. Therefore, whenever you plug in a device to copy photos to your PC, remember to use the safe removal option.
What does that mean? Well, when you connect a pen drive or a hard drive to a PC, the computer starts reading its contents. It uses the external drive as an internal component; thus, removing the device without informing the PC might cause an error or two on the drive.
Using the safe removal feature on a Windows PC is easy and hardly takes a few minutes. All you have to do is –
- The safely remove hardware feature can be found in the extended menu of the taskbar. Click on the arrow near your user control icons to find the USB icon.
- Right-click on the USB icon to find out the name of devices that are connected.
- Simply click on Eject, which will notify you when the device has stopped processing on your PC. It notifies you exactly when removing your pen drive or device is safe.
Using the 3 tips mentioned above you can reduce the chances of losing photos due to any attack or data loss. However, a backup plan is a great idea if you suffer a photo loss.
Check out the next section to recover your lost photos.
4. Photos Recovery Tool: The Ultimate Way to Get Back Your Lost Photos!
Photos are the ultimate way of saving a moment forever. When you click a picture, you have made that moment a part of your gallery for as long as you do not delete it. Deleting images for storage purposes is understandable as you do it yourself based on priority.
Losing photos due to a malware attack or human error is never the same as it happens without you wanting to remove the files. Suppose you suffer a similar situation. What can you do? Some believe recovering deleted data is impossible, and others believe it is possible but expensive.
What if someone were to tell you that recovering pictures is not only possible but also easily accessible? The Photos Recovery tool by Systweak is the perfect example of one tool that makes the recovery of deleted photos accessible.
Here’s how the tool works –
- Install and run the Photos Recovery tool on your PC. Use the button below to download.
- Open the tool to find the number of available options. You can find a Hard Drive scan feature showing your disk partitions.
- You can also find two scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Initiate your recovery with a Quick Scan, as it is enough to find deleted photos from your hard drive and recover them. However, Deep Scan is the best option if the files you aim to recover were deleted long ago.
- Run the scan and let it complete. It might take time, depending on the size of the drive that you want to scan.
- Once the Scan is over, you get a popup showing the details of the files found. You can recover all the files you have found on the PC or mark the files you want to save and do the needful.
- Check the files for recovery and then click on recover to initiate the process. You can find a quick preview of the image you select from the list of recoveries. It gives you an idea of whether you want the image or not. Simply click on recover, and your files will be saved.
That’s how you can recover the photos you have lost so far. The tool is well-designed and helps in all situations, whether your PC has suffered data loss due to ransomware or you have unintentionally removed the photos.
There are ways to prevent data loss and recover deleted photos. The choice is yours whether you want to stay safe from photos loss or you are OK with implementing recovery on your PC; the choice is yours. Tips to prevent photos loss can help avoid any errors on your PC that may cause data loss. Also, the remedies listed might help save all your data as it is not limited to photos. However, the Photos Recovery tool can only help to recover lost pictures, video, and audio files.
Hope the blog gives you insights into how to keep your photos safe and how you can recover your lost photos. Share your practices to keep your photos safe in the comments section.
Thanks for reading. Catch you at the next one!
How To Recover Photos After Your Computer Is Formatted
How to Recover Deleted JPG/JPEG Files
How To Recover Media Files (Pictures & Video) Lost Due To Accidental Format
How To Recover Photos From Dead Hard Drive
How to Recover Photos After a Data Loss