Is your Logitech G402 mouse giving issues? This can be due to outdated drivers. Here’s how to update outdated, missing, and corrupt drivers.
If your G402 wired optical gaming mouse suddenly stops working, you are at the right place. This post will help you learn how to download and update the right Logitech G402 driver update for your Windows 10, 8, and 7. From 250-4000 DPI, Logitech G402 features eight programmable buttons that can be customized for enhanced control. This gaming mouse offers a high tracking speed of up to 500 FPS. Hence, the gaming experience is ruined when it stops working, so you should go with the G402 software download.
Knowing this fact, here is the best way to download Logitech G402 software.
What is a Device Driver?
A device driver is a software that allows the connected hardware to interact with the PC. It is also called a software driver.
What is the Need of Drivers?
A driver provides a software interface to allow computer programs to interact and access hardware functions.
Why Update Drivers?
There are several reasons why you should update drivers. The first and foremost is device security. Secondly, to avoid facing any driver-related issues. Hence we recommend updating drivers.
How To get the Right and latest Driver Logitech G402 software Download?
The correct and compatible driver download for Logitech G402 can be achieved in two ways:
2 Best Ways to get Logitech G402 driver download
1. Manually Installing the G402 driver
From time to time to add new features, Logitech keeps updating the G402 driver. You can get this update from Logitech’s official website if you know the version and name of the operating system. Failing to provide this information stops you from getting the right driver update.
Once you have the details, you can search the site for the right driver update and get the Logitech G402 software download. Double-click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Remember, this is only possible when you know details about the operating system. However, if you proceed with the Logitech G402 driver download on the assumption you might be bricking the system. With that said, manual methods involve risk and require technical knowledge.
If you are ready to take this risk, here’s how to download the Logitech G402 driver from Logitech’s site.
Steps for G402 software download
1. Visit Logitech’s official website
2. Click Support > Downloads
3. Click MICE AND POINTERS
4. Look for the mouse model number and click on it
5. This will open a new window here; click Downloads from the left pane > Download Now
6. Wait for the process to finish
7. Once done, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver update.
8. Restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to use the Logitech G402 driver; the problem should be fixed.
2. Automatically Installing the Driver via Advanced Driver Updater
However, if you don’t have the technical expertise, time, or patience to update the mouse driver manually, we suggest trying Advanced Driver Updater.
Advanced Driver Updater automatically identifies your system configuration and finds the correct driver. This means you don’t need to know the exact system configuration or device details. Also, the risk of manually downloading and installing the wrong driver is eliminated. Furthermore, Advanced Driver Updater takes a complete backup of old drivers before updating drivers. It also gives an option to add incompatible drivers to the exclusion list.
Available both as Pro and trial versions, you can update drivers. Where the Pro version just takes 2 clicks using the trial version, you will need to update each driver individually.
Also, the trial version comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
To use Advanced Driver Updater and update the G402 Logitech mouse driver, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updating tool and click Start Scan Now.
3. Wait for the scan to finish so you can proceed with the Logitech G402 mouse software download.
4. Review scan results and click the Update All button to update all outdated drivers. (If you use the trial version, you will be redirected to the purchase page.) In such a case, click the Update driver next to the Logitech G402 driver. This will help update the driver when using the free version.
5. Wait for the Logitech G402 driver downloaded and let the process finish
6. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Now try to use Logitech G402; you should not face any problems.
FAQ-Logitech G402 Driver
Fix – Logitech G402 driver update
Besides corrupt drivers, there can be other reasons that can cause Logitech G402 mouse issues.
To ensure that check the connection between the mouse and the Unifying receiver. Use Logitech G402 mouse software download, check the battery, remove it for 30 seconds and reinstall or try a new one.
Also, you can try changing ports and see if it works.
We hope you found the article helpful and the steps easy to use. Please feel free to share your feedback and suggestions in the comments box.
For any product-related questions, you can send an email to email@example.com.