Why would you want to recover deleted hidden files on Windows 11/10? There are occasions when you want to keep particular files or folders hidden from curious eyes who could misuse them. You do, however, occasionally forget about them. In normal conditions, this might not be a problem. However, when you need those files at the eleventh hour, things might become a little crazy, to the point where you’re unsure what to do.
Consider the following scenario: you recently began to notice frequent system crashes, and, as a precaution, you made a backup of all the data on your computer. After that, you formatted the entire PC and discovered some data buried that you hadn’t backed up.
What would you do in this situation? That is the purpose of this post. Here are a few options for recovering deleted hidden files on Windows:
How to Recover Deleted Hidden Files From Windows 11/10
We’ll look at ways to unhide files, particularly when the regular hide/unhide process fails, and then a sure-fire approach to restoring hidden files in Windows 11/10.
– Make Hidden Files Visible
Check whether you can unhide files before taking more drastic actions. There’s a reasonable probability that you’ve neglected to unhide hidden files from you and other users. We’ll teach you how to unhide files on Windows 10 and Windows 11 in this article.
Read Also: Recover Photos From SanDisk Memory Card
How To Unhide/Hide Files on Windows 10?
1. Launch the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
2. Select the View tab.
3. On the far right, choose the option labeled “Hide items.”
4. Go to the folder where you think the file went missing and see if it’s there.
How To Unhide/Hide Files on Windows 11?
1. Open File Explorer & select View from the View menu.
2. Select Hidden Items from the Show menu.
– Use CHKDSK to Assist you
You cannot unhide specific objects even after attempting to do so using standard methods. Certain file system faults may have occurred, causing your hard disk to malfunction. Assume you wish to unhide specific files on your D:/ disk but are unable to do so; in such case —
1. Type cmd into the Windows search box, then choose Run as administrator on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Type chkdsk D: /r/f into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
3. Restart your computer when the scan is completed to see whether you can access the contents of your D:/ disk or any other drive you choose.
The ATTRIB Command Might Be able to Unhide Files
The attrib command is another Option Prompt command that can help you unhide and recover deleted hidden files & folders on Windows 11/10. The steps to use it are as follows:
1. Follow the instructions above to open the Command Prompt.
2. Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d X:*.*\ on the Command Prompt when it appears.
The drive letter “X” represents the disk from which you wish to retrieve files.
3. Enter the code
Check if the buried deleted files on your Windows 11/10 PC may be recovered.
How To Recover Deleted Hidden Files Using Data Recovery App, Advanced Disk Recovery?
So you’ve done everything you can to get hidden files off your computer to no effect. You’ve probably erased them, and using a data recovery program is a sure way to get them back.
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the most outstanding programs for recovering lost or deleted audio files, videos, documents, photographs, and other information from internal and external disks.
What Makes Advanced Disk Recovery So Special?
- Data can be recovered from both internal and external drives.
- This data recovery tool works in various data loss scenarios, including formatting, accidentally deleting files, etc.
- Comes with different scanning modes, including Quick and Deep scans.
- Before restoring files, you can preview them.
- Compatible with Windows 11.
Read Also: Recover Deleted and lost Music Files on PC
How To Use Advanced Disk Recovery?
1. Download Advanced Disk Recovery, run it, and install it.
2. Choose the drive you’d want to scan.
3. Select the Start Scan Now button,
4. Select the scanning mode. Quick Check discovers files that have been removed from the MFT, whereas Deep Scan does a sector-wide scan.
5. Once the scanning is complete, you will be presented with a list of files that can be recovered. You canalso select to Preview a file before restoring it.
Note : It's best not to save data on the same drive where it was lost since you risk overwriting it.
In this blog, we have discussed ways to recover deleted Hidden files on Windows 11/10. Using Advanced Disk Recovery is the best tool to recover deleted Hidden files on Windows 11/10 as it is simple to use and is the most effective tool.
Try these methods and let us know your views in the comments section below.