Before we begin and get into details, let me give you a quick answer. If you are not using any additional security tools like Systweak VPN and hoping to use public Wi-Fi safely, the answer is probably yes.
Technology makes our lives easier and more enjoyable still, it complicates things. While using public Wi-Fi, if you are concerned about the safety of your data, use Systweak VPN.
It is a VPN service that uses an encrypted tunnel to transmit data and protect digital identity. With its help, you can stay anonymous, hide IP addresses and browse the web securely.
Fact Check –
● 81% of Americans use public Wi-Fi hotspots, while only 1% use VPN. Due to this, 47% of U.S. customers using public Wi-Fi have been victims of identity theft.
What are Public Wi-Fi Networks?
As the name suggests, public Wi-Fi networks are connections in local spaces like airports, malls, coffee shops, etc. They are free to use, so most people use them without thinking about the consequences. However, there’s no harm in checking social media accounts, reading blogs, or casually browsing the web when connected to public Wi-Fi. However, certain online activities like transferring funds, sharing personal or sensitive information online, making online purchases, etc., can be risky.
Risk of Using Public Wi-Fi Connection
- Data and identity theft.
- Malware & virus installation.
- Financial loss.
- Unencrypted transmission of data makes interception easy.
- Compromised accounts.
- Man-in-the-middle attack – Threat actors intercept data and redirect the victims to malicious sites intelligently place their devices between the device and Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Wi-Fi Sniffing
How Using A VPN While On A Public Wifi Network Will Protect You?
A virtual private network (VPN) will safeguard your devices, making the above attacks useless. The encryption process it uses to route data will hide your online presence from prying eyes. Thereby making it nearly impossible to decipher or intercept. This encryption can be enjoyed on Windows by installing Systweak VPN on the device you use to connect to a public network. On free public Wi-Fi sites, we always recommend utilizing a VPN.
The Benefits of Using a VPN When Connecting to a Public Wi-Fi:
- It encrypts data.
- Hides IP address.
- Protect and safeguard communications.
- Secure connection.
- Anonymous browsing with no digital footprints.
How Can A VPN Protect You on Public Wi-Fi?
Since public Wi-Fi networks are poorly protected, they give hackers the advantage of easily finding new victims. Alternatively, to attract victims, bad actors set up their routers, giving them names like Free Access to Wi-Fi or Free Wi-Fi. As soon as the target connects to such networks, the data transmitted is accessible by the threat actor. However, when you use a VPN to connect to public Wi-Fi, the following happens:
- VPN encrypts outgoing data.
- Transmitted data is routed through a VPN server.
- The server then decrypts the received data.
- VPN sends encrypted traffic to the intended destination.
- The destination sends back the requested data to the VPN.
- The server encrypts new information.
- The source server receives data.
- VPN decrypts the received data.
Read This- How To Use Systweak VPN In Windows 10
How to Use Systweak VPN to Protect Data When Using Public Wi-Fi?
1. Download and install Systweak VPN on any version of the Windows operating system.
2. Signup for an account. If you already have an account Sign In.
3. Enable Systweak VPN by moving the slider from left to right.
4. Systweak VPN will automatically connect to the best server. However, if you want you can select the server of your choice by clicking the arrow next to the country flag > and select the country.
5. The status after a few seconds will change to Connected with the location of the server and an IP address.
6. You can now browse the web with your identity hidden.
This way when using public Wi-Fi you can add an extra layer of security and keep your data and online identity safe and protected. In addition to this, you can even bypass geo-restrictions, avoid ISP throttling, stay protected, and can achieve a lot more. Systweak VPN even offers a Kill Switch so that when your VPN connection is interrupted or disconnected you are automatically disconnected from the internet. This helps protect your device and the being transmitted from being intercepted. Also, you can change the protocol and can flush DNS if the speed is slow.
Check This- What It Is A VPN & How Does It Work
Tips to stop a public Wi-Fi hacker from Accessing your Data
To prevent hackers from getting into your device by intruding the Wi-Fi connection is to keep yourself educated. Once you are aware of the risk involved in using public Wi-Fi and you know whether or not public Wi-Fi is safe or not you can prevent being a victim. In addition to this, there are other things also that you need to remember:
- Turn off the automated connections – If you regularly use public Wi-Fi you are unintentionally granting access to hackers to intercept your connection and access data.
- Don’t connect to any public Wi-Fi without thinking– If you’re at a coffee shop, restaurant or any other fast-food restaurant ask the workers for the specific name of the network and then search for it and connect. Don’t just connect to any open and free Wi-Fi network.
- Avoid logging into banking accounts – When using public Wi-Fi try not to access sensitive data or do online shopping.
- Disable file sharing and check firewall – When connected to public Wi-Fi disable file sharing. Also, use anti-virus software.
With the help of these tips, you can stay protected when using public Wi-Fi. In addition to this to keep your data private when using public Wi-Fi or ensuring Wi-Fi safety use a VPN like Systweak VPN.
We hope you find the information helpful and from now for personal data protection you will use a VPN on public Wi-Fi. Please share your feedback in the comments section.