To get your wireless Logitech mouse working, update Logitech Mouse Driver using the different ways explained in the post below. Here we explain how to download the latest and compatible version of the Logitech wireless mouse on Windows.
Why Update Logitech Mouse Driver?
Tip : Even after adding new batteries and connecting to the right port, if your Logitech mouse suddenly stops working or the Logitech mouse is not working, you need to update the USB and Logitech mouse driver to fix issues that might be interfering with the working of the mouse. The easiest way to update drivers is to use Advanced Driver Updater. The driver updating software detects and helps update outdated drivers without any hassle. To get Advanced Driver Updater, click the button below:
Logitech is well known for providing best-in-class computer accessories. But sometimes, when we fail to update the drivers, the nifty pointing device (mouse) stops working. This means your productivity will decline, you won’t be able to play games seamlessly, and the work will be interrupted.
If you can relate to what we are saying, let’s read ahead, what to do when the Logitech mouse stops working, and how to update mouse drivers Logitech for Windows 11 & 10.
Before Updating the Mouse Driver, Try These Basic Fixes
When you encounter a Logitech mouse not working issue, follow these basic fixes.
1. Disconnect the mouse and reconnect.
2. Restart the PC
This will refresh the operating system and erase corrupt temporary data that might interfere with the working of the mouse.
3. Refresh the Mouse
One quick way to fix a Logitech mouse driver is to refresh the mouse. To do so, remove the USB receiver from the PC and the battery from the mouse. Wait for a minute, then put the battery back and plug in the receiver. Now try to use the mouse; it should work.
4. Change the Mouse Battery
Wireless mice have a battery that needs to be replaced. If you have not changed it for quite a while, there are chances that the battery will be drained. So, replace it with a new one > detach the unifying receiver > and restart the PC. Reconnect the receiver and try using a Logitech mouse; it should now work.
5. Connect the Mouse Receiver to an Alternate USB port
There are chances that the USB port to which you have connected the wireless receiver is not working. Hence, to check if that creates a problem, connect the device to an alternate USB port. If the Logitech mouse starts working after this, you know the culprit.
Read Also- How to Fix Logitech Mouse M310 Driver Errors
6. Move the Mouse away from other electric gadgets
Probably you don’t know that electrical items can interfere with mouse signals. Therefore, if there are any gadgets near the mouse, remove them. Alternatively, you can move the mouse to a different place where no gadgets are nearby.
7. Scan for Hardware Changes
1. Open Device Manager. Press Windows + R, and in the run window, type devmgmt.msc.
2. Look for the Logitech wireless mouse device > right-click > scan for hardware changes.
8. Perform a Clean Boot
9. Scan the PC for malware infections
10. Connect the Mouse to Another PC
Sometimes either the mouse or the PC you are using causes problems. To determine which one is the culprit use the mouse on another PC. If it doesn’t work with the alternate computer, the device has a problem. However, if the case is vice versa, chances are that the driver is missing or obsolete. In such a case, updating the latest Logitech device driver on Windows is recommended.
Best Ways To Update Logitech Mouse Driver in Windows 11, 10
The driver can be updated either manually or automatically.
To update manually, you will need to head to Device Manager. To update automatically, Advanced Driver Updater is the best driver updater for Windows.
Note : Updating drivers manually is daunting and requires patience. Also, the chances of downloading and installing incorrect Logitech driver updates are more. If you are okay taking these risks, move with manual steps.
But if you are smart, you will not want to spend time updating drivers – a task that can be done automatically using a third-party driver updating tool called Advanced Driver Updater.
Method 1 – Manually Updating Logitech Mouse Driver Via Device Manager
1. Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter key.
2. Go to Mice and other pointing devices option
3. Explore the category by double-clicking it.
4. Right-click Logitech mouse or wireless mouse > Update driver.
5. This will open a new window; click “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
6. Wait for Windows to look for an available update. If available, it will be installed automatically.
However, if Windows cannot find the update, you must reinstall the Logitech mouse driver.
How to Reinstall Logitech Mouse Driver?
1. Head to Logitech’s official website.
2. Here, on the driver download page, look for the right driver based on the Operating System and the bit you are using.
Note : A wrong driver update will cause problems and might make the system inoperable. So, be cautious while downloading and installing drivers manually.
3. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions once the driver downloads.
4. Restart the PC to apply changes for the Logitech driver update.
Method 2 – Automatically Updating Logitech Mouse Driver Using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
If you are wondering where to download Logitech mouse drivers without wasting time, use Advanced Driver Updater.
Advanced Driver Updater is one of the popular third-party tools that help update drivers automatically. To use the tool, you need to download, install and run the tool; the rest of everything will be taken care of by the Advanced Driver Updater.
This professional driver updater will automatically learn about the operating system and outdated drivers and show the latest updates.
Note : If you are using the Free version of the tool, you will have to update each driver manually by clicking the Update driver option next to each outdated driver. If you have the paid version, you may use the Update All option to update all missing, corrupt, and troublesome drivers at once.
To perform Logitech Mouse Driver update on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Get Advanced Driver Updater
2. Launch the driver updater tool for Windows to scan the PC for outdated drivers.
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers.
4. Wait for the scan to finish.
5. Once you have the scan result look for the Logitech mouse driver or HID Keyboard Device and click Update driver to update all other outdated drivers also next to it.
6. Wait for the download to finish.
7. Reboot the computer to apply the Logitech mouse driver update changes.
Now try to use the Logitech wireless mouse. You should not face any problems.
FAQ-Logitech Mouse Driver
Get Logitech Mouse Driver Updated and Fix Driver Related Issues
We hope using the methods explained above, you can get Logitech mouse drivers working and be able to update Logitech drivers for Windows 11,10. The easiest way to update the driver is to use Advanced Driver Updater. Hopefully, you will give it a try. If you have queries regarding the product, feel free to send your query to email@example.com.
Also, share your feedback and suggestions in the comments box below.
How to Fix Logitech Mouse M310 Driver Errors
How to Fix Logitech Mouse Lagging in Windows 11, 10
How to Download Logitech G Pro X Superlight Wireless Gaming Mouse Drivers
How To Connect Logitech Wireless Mouse – Windows 10, 8, 7 & XP