Not able to print or connect your Canon printer to your Windows computer? The problem could be the outdated drivers. You’ll need to update the outdated Canon printer driver to fix the issue. This article will show you how to get the Canon printer driver configured and updated using three methods.
Two of them are manual methods, which are advised to be tried on if you have experience and know your way around. Another is a rather simple method that involves using a third-party driver Updater tool, Advanced Driver Updater. The Driver Updater scans your computer for outdated and corrupted drivers. Then, allow you to update all outdated drivers swiftly. Click the download button to access the tool.
Want to know more? Read on!
How To Download and Install Canon Printer Driver
Method 1: Go to the Canon Printer Manufacturer’s Website and download, install, and update the Printer Driver
This method shows you how you can simply download, install, & update drivers from the manufacturer’s website. This method may be risky, as you must be sure you are installing the correct driver. As the wrong version of the driver could degrade your computer’s performance. Follow these procedures and visit Canon’s official website to update your Canon printer drivers.
1. Go to the official Canon website.
2. Navigate to the Drivers & Downloads area of the website.
3. Type the product name into the search box.
4. From the drop-down menu, choose Drivers & Downloads.
5. Verify the automatically detected operating system. Choose the right one if it isn’t the proper one. Press Windows + I > System > About to find out what operating system you’re running.
6. Select the Canon printer driver you want to download and then click the Download button.
7. Double-click the downloaded setup file to begin installing the newest version of the Canon printer driver.
8. Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
Also read:- How to Download Epson L220 Printer Driver
Method 2: Using Device Manager, update the Canon Printer Driver
Device Manager, the built-in program, allows you to update device drivers. This is another manual method of updating Canon Printer Driver for Windows 11,10 and older versions. Follow these steps to put it to use:
1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows + X.
2. Double-click Printers or Print Queues to enlarge it.
3. From the context menu, right-click the Canon printer you wish to upgrade and select the Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for drivers
5. Wait for Windows to search for a new Canon printer driver.
6. Wait for the update to finish installing before restarting your computer to effect the changes.
Method 3: Update Canon Printer Drivers Automatically (Recommended)
We know manually updating drivers is a time-consuming process and might also be risky. Therefore, we have also put together a simple solution for the problem. We recommend using Advanced Driver Updater to keep your device drivers up to date, including the Canon printer driver. Additionally, the driver Updater software creates a complete backup of the previous drivers before replacing them.
Note: You may use either the free or paid version to update drivers. The FREE version needs you to update each driver separately, but the registered version does not. The product also comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Follow these steps to utilize Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Get Advanced Driver Updater and install it.
2. Open the application and click Scan Now to determine if the drivers are outdated.
3. Wait for the scanning process to complete.
4. When using the FREE version, click the Update driver next to the outdated driver you wish to update. If you have the registered version, you can select Update All to update all outdated drivers at once.
5. To implement the modifications, restart the computer.
That’s all; using these methods, you can ensure that your Windows PC’s drivers are up to date. However, if you are short on time and unsure about manually updating drivers, use Advanced Driver Updater.
We’d want to hear which method you chose and why you chose it; please share your thoughts in the comments below. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any product-related queries.