The easiest way to fix Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 not working.
Are you facing issues while using the Logitech C920X Pro HD webcam? Is it undetected by your Windows 10? Don’t fret. It’s not a problem that cannot be solved. All you need to do to fix this problem is update the Logitech C920 driver. This post will explain the best ways to fix the Logitech C920 webcam driver issue in Windows 10.
So, without further delay, let’s get to the point and learn how to troubleshoot Logitech C920 webcam drivers.
Best Ways to fix Logitech C920 driver Windows 10 not working
Different techniques to troubleshoot the Logitech C920 driver on your Windows 10.
Method 1 – Check The Device Connection
When facing an issue with any peripheral device, the first thing you should do is check the cable connection. When wires get entangled, the connection is loosened, and the Webcam stops working. Therefore, to ensure that is not the case, check the wires. If they are okay, move to the next step.
Method 2 – Use an alternate USB Port or PC
Sometimes, without any reason, the system fails to detect a webcam. In such cases, check whether the system can detect a camera. For this, follow the steps below:
1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Navigate to Imaging Devices
3. Double-click it and unhide all connected devices.
4. Check if you can see the Logitech C90 webcam
5. If it is not displayed, unplug the webcam, shut down the system, plug back the camera and start the PC. After that, the Logitech webcam should be working.
Method 3 – Check Privacy Settings
Windows Privacy settings also create issues with Logitech Webcam. To confirm it is not the culprit, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + I > Privacy
2. Click the Camera option from the left pane.
3. Enable Allow apps to access your camera.
4. Scroll down and allow camera access to the app you want.
5. Next, click the Microphone option from the left pane and ensure you have enabled allow apps to access your microphone.
6. Scroll down and allow apps.
Method 4 – Reinstall Logitech software
Sometimes, Logitech software is also why the Logitech C920x Pro HD webcam is not working. In such cases, we will have to uninstall and reinstall it. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R
2. Type appwiz.cpl > Ok
3. Select Logitech software from the list of installed software > Uninstall
4. While uninstalling Logitech Software, just select THE DRIVER
5. Wait for the process to finish. Now run the Logitech C920 camera; it should now be working.
6. If this doesn’t help, uninstall the complete Logitech software and reinstall Logitech C920 software from the Logitech website.
Method 5– Update Logitech C920 driver
Outdated, corrupt, and problematic drivers can cause issues with the Logitech webcam. To fix this, we suggest updating drivers. You can do this either manually or automatically. To manually update the Logitech C920x Pro HD webcam, visit the Official Website. While using Advanced Driver Updater, the driver can be updated automatically.
Manually download the Logitech C920x Pro HD webcam from the Official Website.
You can get the right driver update for your device by visiting the manufacturer’s website. But this method requires technical knowledge, information about the operating system, and device details. Without any information, you cannot get the right driver update. Also, this increases the risk of downloading incorrect drivers. Therefore, if you want to avoid encountering any such situation, we suggest using a driver updating utility like Advanced Driver Updater.
Here’s how to get Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
1. Visit Logitech’s official website
2. Click the Support section at the top of the page, followed by Downloads.
3. Next, in the search bar enter C920 and select from the list of suggestions.
4. Thereafter, click the Downloads button from the navigation pane.
5. Select the correct operating system version from the drop-down and hit Download Now for Logitech C920 driver download to start.
6. Double click the setup file to install Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920.
7. Restart the system to apply changes; that’s it
However, if you don’t like the manual process, you can automatically update the Logitech C920 driver on Windows 10 using Advanced Driver Updater. To do so, follow these steps.
Automatically Update Logitech C920X Pro HD webcam using Advanced Driver Updater
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the driver updating tool
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish
4. Once done, click the Update driver next to Logitech driver update (trial users).
Advanced Driver Updater offers both free and paid versions of the product. Using the free version, you can update one driver at a time, while using the PRO version, you can update all outdated drivers simultaneously. Also, the paid version comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
5. After updating the driver, restart the system to apply changes.
6. Now, try to use the Logitech C920 webcam on Windows 10. It should be working.
Method 6 Disable Conflicting Apps
When third-party apps interfere with the camera, then Logitech C920 software stops working. To fix this problem, disable such apps.
To do so, follow these steps.
1. To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. Look for the app that you think might interfere with the Logitech C920. In most cases, Discord and Skype are the culprits.
3. Select the app > right-click > End Task
4. Restart the camera to see if it is working properly
5. This should help narrow the conflicting program with the Logitech c920 webcam driver.
FAQ-Logitech C920 driver Windows 10
Fix – Logitech C920 driver Windows 10
I hope using the above steps; you can resolve the Logitech C920X Pro HD webcam, which is not working. You can use the manual or the automatic way to fix Logitech C920. If you ask for our recommendation, we suggest going ahead with Advanced Driver Updater. All the above steps will surely help troubleshoot the problem.
If you face any problem using Advanced Driver Updater or have questions regarding the product, drop an email to email@example.com.
How to Fix Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected on Windows PC?
How To Fix Logitech G935 Mic Not Working on PC
Logitech MX Master 2s Wireless Mouse Not Working – How to Fix it
How To Download Logitech G Pro X Superlight Wireless Gaming Mouse Drivers