Want to avoid facing unexpected PC issues on your Lenovo Thinkpad T420? After reading this article, you should be able to do it independently. This post will explain how to update Lenovo T420 drivers, the common reason for facing BSOD errors, device connectivity issues, and more.
Lenovo T420 is one of the most famous and widely used laptops. However, sometimes, you might encounter several problems and experience slow and sluggish performance due to missing or problematic drivers. To solve this, we share the best ways to update Lenovo T420 drivers.
Best Ways to Update Thinkpad T420 Drivers
Method 1 – Automatically Update Lenovo Thinkpad T420 drivers (Recommended)
If you are short on time and don’t have technical knowledge, this method is right for you. Using Advanced Driver Updater, the professional and powerful tool, you can easily update T420 and other drivers.
Advanced Driver Updater quickly scans the system for all outdated drivers and comes with great features – schedule scan, backup drivers, restore them, and work on car speed. To use the tool and update the T420 Lenovo driver, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the driver updating tool to locate available driver updates for the T420 driver.
3. Wait for the scan to finish. Using either the FREE or paid version, you can update drivers. However, there’s a catch registered version that allows updating all drivers in just a few clicks; while using the FREE version, you need to update each driver one by one.
4. After updating the driver, restart the system to apply changes.
Method 2 – Update Lenovo Thinkpad T420 drivers via Device Manager
If you don’t want to use a third-party tool to update drivers, you can download driver updates via Device Manager. Using this built-in functionality, you can easily update drivers if the update is available. To use it and update Lenovo T420 drivers on Windows 11 & 10, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager.
Alternatively, click the search icon and type Device Manager (Windows 11 users).
2. To update Lenovo T420 drivers, click the hardware category for which you want to update the drivers.
3. Right-click on the problematic drivers > select Update driver from the context menu.
4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. If an update is available, it will be automatically downloaded. After that, restart the PC to apply changes. However, if you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” click Search for updated drivers on Windows Update. To learn how to use it, follow the steps given in method 3.
6. After updating the driver, don’t forget to restart the PC and apply changes.
Method 3 – Update Windows to Get Latest Lenovo T420 drivers
Another way to get driver updates downloaded is to check for available Windows updates. Although, the success of this method depends on the driver’s release date. If the driver update is recently released, Windows might be unable to find and update it. However, if you want you can still try these methods and there’s no harm in doing that.
To update drivers via Windows Update, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + I to go to Windows settings.
2. Select Windows Update from the left pane.
3. Click Check for Updates and wait for Windows to look for available updates.
4. If updates are available wait for them to automatically download or click Download & Install.
5. After completing these steps restart your system to apply changes and that’s it.
Method 4 – Get Lenovo T420 Thinkpad driver Update from Official Website
Though Lenovo T420 is quite old, you can still find its drivers on the official website. However, to use this method you need to know the computer’s operating system and device details.
Once you have them follow these steps to download the Thinkpad T420 driver.
1. Visit Lenovo Thinkpad T420 support page.
2. Select Drivers & Software from the left menu
3. Choose the operating system you are using and select Manual Update.
4. Click on Device Category for which you want to download Lenovo T420 driver Update, e,g, audio, video, printer, etc.
5. Download the driver file and double-click the downloaded file to install the T420 driver Update.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes.
You will now have the Lenovo Thinkpad T420 driver update installed.
Must Read – How To Update Video Drivers On Windows 10
Lenovo T420 driver Update
Above we discussed several ways to download and install the Lenovo Thinkpad T420 driver update. You can use any of the methods as per your choice and update the driver. However, if you ask us our opinion we recommend you use Advanced Driver Updater, as it is the easiest, safest, and quickest method to update any outdated drivers. Also, using it there’s no risk of downloading incorrect driver updates. Moreover, the tool comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and trained technical support. We hope you will give it a try. Do share your feedback in the comments section.