Nobody likes utilizing a slow & sluggish computer, whether old or new. So, if you’re seeking ways to clean up the computer and improve its speed, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Freeing your computer from junk can be done in two ways: manual & by using a third-party tool. You can manually remove unwanted files from your computer if technically sound. However, if you aren’t, you need an optimizer tool. The best PC cleaning & optimization software simplifies life by searching for and eliminating caches, unwanted files, damaged registry entries, duplicates, obsolete data, cookies, temporary files, etc.
Reasons To Get a PC Optimizer Tool:
- To free up and organize your computer.
- Maintain the stability of your machine and boost overall productivity.
- Reduce startup time.
- Remove unnecessary programs, duplicates, caches, and temp files more efficiently.
How To Deep Clean Your Computer Manually
- Disable Programs That Run On Startup
- Disable Windows Tips and Tricks
- Delete Temp Files
- Run Disk Cleanup Tool
- How To Deep Clean Your Computer Using Advanced System Optimizer?
Cleaning your PC correctly requires you to perform specific steps, including deleting temp files, removing unwanted apps, removing apps from Startup, etc. We have listed all the methods one by one:
1. Disable Programs That Run On Startup
By removing unnecessary startup items, you can reduce the boot time. To disable startup items, follow these steps:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the program you want to disable at Startup and choose Disable.
2. Disable Windows Tips and Tricks
Windows provides Tips and Tricks to help you customize your user preferences. However, it might slow down your computer. To disable Windows Tips and Tricks, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start button and click on the Settings icon,
- Navigate to System > Notifications & actions.
- Uncheck the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option in the Notifications area.
3. Delete Temporary Files
Whenever you open a program on your computer, your PC creates a temporary file to store data for the app when running. These files could take up your computer’s space when stored in abundance. Therefore, it is best to delete them. To delete temporary files, follow these steps.
- Press Windows + R to open the run command
- Type temp and click on OK
- Press Ctrl + A to select all items. Now press delete
Note:- Click on skip if a Folder in use popup appears
You can also open the Run command and type %temp% to get WIndows temporary data. Once you get the folder, press CTRL + A to select all the files.
Press Delete to remove all of them. Now the temp files are in Recycle Bin, ensure you delete these files from Recycle Bin.
Note : You can either choose the Shift+ Delete option to delete files permanently or go to Recycle Bin to remove the temporary files from there.
4. Run Disk Cleanup Tool
Windows inbuilt tool, Disk Cleanup, can also help you remove unnecessary system files such as Windows error reports, Downloaded program files, DirectX System Cache, old Windows installation files, etc. To get rid of these files, follow these steps:
- Type Disk Cleanup in the Windows search bar and run it.
- Select the drive that you want to clean
- Select the files you want to delete and click Clean up system files.
- After windows have calculated the quantity of storage space freed up, click on OK.
This way, you can manually clean my computer. It is a time taking process and could take some know-how of computer. You can proceed to another method if you don’t want to do this.
How To Deep Clean Your Computer Using Advanced System Optimizer?
Rather than cleaning your computer manually, we recommend you use Advanced System Optimizer, a one-stop solution to optimize your computer.
One of the best cleaning tools available for Windows is Advanced System Optimizer. This optimization tool is multifunctional that effectively cleans, optimizes, and speeds up your PC. Unlike other junk cleaners and speed-up tools, Advanced System Optimizer is well-designed, simple, and appropriate for users.
It includes a powerful scanning engine that claims to clean your hard drive and keep your PC running smoothly. Furthermore, it takes a backup and creates a restore point before starting the optimization process.
Read Also: How to Free Up Space in Windows 11,10
Apart from the cleaning module, Advanced System Optimizer comes with various modulesDisk Optimizer, System Cleaner, Privacy Protector, System Protector, Uninstaller, Game Optimizer, Driver Updater, Secure Delete, etc.
How To use the Advanced System Optimizer:-
- Download and install Advanced System Optimizer by clicking on the link below.
- Run Advanced System Optimizer
- Start Smart PC Care will scan the complete computer for Junk and other unwanted files.
Note : It is recommended to select Deep Scan so that Advanced System Optimizer checks each drive and file. Advanced System Optimizer (ASO) can optimize your computer in every aspect just by running Start Smart PC Care. However, if you want to run these modules individually, you do that.
- Click on Smart PC Care
Clean your computer’s hard disk to speed up a sluggish PC quickly. Removing Junk and outdated data from your storage improves PC performance by allowing for faster response & load time.
Once the scan is complete, it will show you all the errors on your computer. Click Optimize Now to keep your computer and resolve all the errors. This is how your PC will always be optimized and will run smoother.
In this blog, we have discussed manually and via a third-party PC optimizing tool, Advanced System Optimizer, which cleans your computer thoroughly. We recommend using Advanced System Optimizer, as it significantly increased the efficiency of my PC. The PC Cleaning Software successfully eliminated many undesirable files that I was unaware of. It also helped me grasp how different programs, processes, and files use and allocate memory on my computer. Furthermore, the option to update problematic drivers is unquestionably one of the tool’s best features.
What do you think? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.