Windows Defender antivirus has become extremely popular among users due to its ability to handle viruses and malware proactively. However, the security intelligence update for Windows Defender is becoming an issue as most Windows 11 users have reported problems when downloading the updates automatically. They get Security Intelligence – version 0.0.0.0 error.
If you are stuck, this blog has the answers for you. Here we will discuss a few ways to troubleshoot the security intelligence update error version – 0.0.0.0.
Let’s get started!
Security Intelligence Update Not Downloading? Here’s What to Do.
The security intelligence update is installed with the Windows Update. That means it is installed as a security patch update by the developer, and you can not skip it. However, the current issue is that the update cannot be installed, which means the PC’s security is vulnerable.
The best way to fix the problem is to restart the device. However, if it doesn’t work for you, you can follow the fixes explained below. Best Ways to Fix Security Intelligence Update Error Version – 0.0.0.0.
Method #1 – Run DISM & SFC Scans to Fix any Corrupt System Files
When there is an issue with any system files, the Windows Updates usually fail to install. The best way to handle this is to find and fix the corrupt system files, which can be done by running the SFC and DISM scans on your PC.
Follow the given steps to go through with the scans –
- Open Command Prompt from your Start Menu. Make sure you open it as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, use the command sfc/scannow and press the Enter key. This will initiate the scan right away.
- Once the SFC scan is over, you now want to fix the files found corrupt in the scan. Use the following DISM command –
DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Once you have implied this command, you will be good to go!
After you are done with the commands and scans, open the Windows Update Center and try re-installing the update.
Method #2 – Download & Install the Update Manually:
If the Windows Downloader cannot finish downloading the security intelligence update on Windows, don’t worry. You have the manual path to pick. All you have to do is –
- Log on to the official Windows update log-maintaining website – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Through this catalog, simply search for the update you cannot download. You only need to put in the name, which will give you all the updates with that name.
- To be more precise, always look for the date of the update, as it will help you with the latest version of the update.
Download the update from there manually and run the downloaded file for installation. This will update your PC to the latest version of the security software and remove the prompt from the Windows Update.
Method #3 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
If you face such an issue with almost every other update, or you cannot download most of the updates on your PC, there might be an issue with the Windows Updater. Thankfully, Windows has given an internal provision to troubleshoot such errors. Simply –
- Go to Windows Settings through your Start menu. You can also use Windows+I as a shortcut.
- Open the Troubleshoot options from the available list.
- In the options, go to Other troubleshooters.
- You will find the Windows Update option with the Run button.
- Click on it to initiate.
Follow the prompts shown on the screen, and you can troubleshoot the issue quickly. This troubleshooting only works when there are no issues with the system files, so if you cannot fix the error, make sure you use Method#1 too.
Pro Tip – While fixing the error is underway, or you are unable to update your security, you should not leave your PC unprotected. Not to mention, there are a lot of things that a Windows Defender can not do despite being at its peak. Having an additional security tool, such as T9 antivirus is always a win; the security software has some of the finest tools to help you, and the best thing is your PC security sees no downtime! Download the tool from the link below.
Security Intelligence Update Error Fixed for Good
The Security Intelligence Version 0.0.0.0 error is something that stresses a lot of users. The stress is probably because of the proposition that you do not need an antivirus with the Defender. Once the defender faces an issue, nothing protects your PC, which is a different problem altogether.
Use these fixes to overcome the security intelligence update error on your PC. Also, download the T9 antivirus software, which will protect your PC bug-free with or without the Defender.
That is all for this post. Leave your views on whether you should rely on the defender only or not in the comments section. Catch you all at the next one. Good luck!