Laptops and PCs by Gateway are popular for users looking for a budget device. The fact that Acer bought the American brand long ago makes it a reliable choice too. Usually, there are no problems when it comes to using Gateway laptops & PCs. However, finding appropriate drivers for various devices can become a task if you are using an old Gateway original device.
In this post, we will learn more about the drivers for Gateway devices, their requirements, and how they can be downloaded easily.
Need of Downloading & Updating Gateway Drivers
Like any other device; Gateway computers also require proper hardware & software composition to function correctly. Though these devices have become older, the tech still supports the latest operating systems. Thus, there is a much-needed requirement for downloading & uploading gateway drivers.
To be more specific, there are certain reasons why users look to update Gateway drivers online –
- The recent format has caused a loss of all the drivers, and there is no backup available for the same.
- You have upgraded your laptop’s operating system after a while and can’t find appropriate drivers.
- You accidentally corrupted the existing drivers due to a malware attack on your Gateway device.
- The specific driver is causing an issue in your user experience, and your PC cannot update it through the normal processes.
Other than these issues, downloading and updating Gateway drivers is important as it allows you to use the device at its highest potential.
Ways to Download & Update Gateway Drivers
First, you should be straightforward: downloading and updating the drivers are two different tasks. To download the missing drivers on your Gateway device, you can follow the below-given instructions –
1. Visit the official website of Gateway drivers.
2. On this website, you have multiple options to find the appropriate drivers for your PC. You can easily search for drivers using the Device model number, part ID, and product group.
3. If you are unaware of a specific device or part Id, go for the third option and select the product from the list.
Once you have selected the device you want to update drivers for, simply download the package installer and run the .exe file. Follow the installation instructions, and voila! You will have easily installed the drivers for the same.
Now, let’s talk about the updating process of the available drivers. There are three ways to update Gateway device drivers –
- The Manual Method
- The Semi-Automatic Method
- Fully Automated Method
As far as the manual method is concerned, it is the same as the one used to download drivers. You must go to the website manually, find the drivers, and run the installer. If your device has a version of the driver installed, it will update it on your installation command.
Now there are two ways left to explore. Let’s take a look at both of them.
Update Drivers Using Device Manager ( The Semi-Automatic Method)
You might be wondering why it is the semi-automatic way. Well, the process of updating drivers using the Device Manager has both properties that make the process automated and manual at the same time. You have to initialize the update process manually, and your PC finds the updates automatically.
Here’s how –
1. Open the Device Manager using devmgmt.msc command in the Run search.
2. In the Device Manager, you can look for the devices that are causing the issue.
3. Find the device you want to update drivers for, right-click on it, and click the Update driver option.
4. This will open the Update wizard. Choose the search for drivers automatically option. This is the last step you need to do manually.
5. The device will now start looking for driver updates for your PC.
The manual steps help initiate the process while everything from finding the driver to installing is automatically done. Hence the method is termed a semi-automatic process. You have to manually look for drivers to update, as well as you wonder whether the device needs the update or not. It is a hit-and-trial method that takes your time as well as manual effort.
Keep in mind that you will require a proper understanding of the Device Manager, along with how to initiate the process to update Gateway drivers with this method.
Updating Drivers Using Advanced Driver Updater (Fully Automated Process)
Unlike the process involving you finding outdated drivers and then updating them manually, this is a completely automated process. The Advanced Driver Updater is a utility tool that scans all the drivers on your PC, finds the outdated ones, fetches the updates, and installs it. All in a single click!
To give you a better perspective of the process, here’s how it works –
1. Download the utility tool from the link below.
2. Run the application on your PC. You will find the Start Scan Now option on the home screen.
3. Click on it to initiate the scan. The scan will search for outdated drivers on your Gateway device.
4. The results of the scan show a list of outdated drivers. Click on Update all to finish the update.
5. Once you have clicked on the Update All option, sit back and let the software download all the updates for your PC.
That is how a simple scan can help you download and update Gateway drivers. Use the tool for reliable updates as it uses an updated database for driver fetching.
Download & Update Gateway Drivers Like a Pro:
Updating your drivers for Gateway devices can be easy, depending on your approach. Most users go for the automated process using the Advanced Driver Updater, which is exactly what I recommend.
It is easy, fast, and efficient. Download the driver updater today and experience the speed for yourself.
That brings us to the end of this post. The methods mentioned above can assist you in downloading and updating gateway drivers. Let me know in the comments which approach you opted for.
Thanks for reading the post! Good Luck!