Are you trying to connect your Logitech Gamepad F310 but getting the error failed to install drivers? You are not the only one facing the issue. It is a real problem caused due to several reasons like poor connection, corrupt internal Gamepad drivers, etc.
This means we can’t say what might have caused the error on your PC. Well, in that case, we will have to figure it out!
So, without delay, let’s discuss the core “USB device not recognized” error you get when the Logitech gamepad F310 fails to install drivers. Alongside we will discuss its causes and fixes.
However, if you are running out of time and think drivers can be the reason, try Advanced Driver Updater to update outdated, problematic, and corrupt drivers.
Download Form Here
Reasons for Logitech Gamepad F310 USB Device Not Recognized
Poor connectivity is the most obvious reason behind a device’s inability to install drivers properly. But how is it caused? There can be two reasons –
- Loose cable connection with the USB port.
- You are connecting Gamepad with a broken or corrupt USB port.
Other than these, some reasons that may cause your Gamepad to go unrecognized on a connection are –
- An issue with the USB bus controller on your PC.
- Internal hardware issue with the controller.
- The device was unplugged before the drivers were installed
- Recent changes and updates to the operating system.
These issues make your Logitech Gamepad F310 stop working. Hence try to avoid these issues. How to prevent them? More importantly, how to fix these errors?
Check out the next section to get all your answers and solutions!
Ways to Fix Logitech Gamepad F310 Failed to Install Drivers?
First things first, try to connect Gampead with another PC. This will give you an idea of whether the issue lies with your PC or your Gamepad.
If the device works on other PCs and the issue lies on your end, try the following fixes –
Solution #1 – Run the Troubleshooter on Windows.
If the issue you face has occurred after a recent Windows Update, you can use the troubleshooter to resolve the error. Here’s what you have to do.
- Press Windows + I on your Windows PC to open settings.
- In Settings, look for Troubleshoot.
- Look for Other troubleshooters to find more troubleshooting options in the Troubleshoot settings.
- Click on the Run button next to Windows Update. The troubleshooter will scan Updates for issues and, if any are detected, will fix them.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooting process.
Once it is over, restart your PC and try re-plugging in your device to verify whether it works. If the issue persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution #2 – Manually Install Your Gamepad Drivers
If your device fails to install drivers when plugged in, there’s nothing to worry about, as you can visit the official website to get drivers for Logitech gaming Software.
Here’s what you have to do –
- Go to the website.
- Search for Logitech Gamepad F310 and look for available drivers and software to install.
- Click the Download Now button to download driver files on your PC.
- Logitech provides a direct installable file, which means you do not have to follow lengthy instructions, double-click, and start installing the drivers.
- Once the drivers are installed, restart your computer and do not remove your device.
- As soon as the PC reboots, unplug and re-plug the device to find out if it works.
If it works, it is fine. However, there is one added step to this solution. Generally, the software you get has a preset driver setting that installs the available version of the driver, not the latest one.
If the PC recognizes your device after fixing the software solution by Logitech, but the performance is not up to the mark, quickly check your device for driver updates. The easiest way you can do it is by using Advanced Driver Updater. Here is how to use it –
- Download and install the application on your PC. You can find the download button below.
- Run the Scan to find outdated drivers on your PC. Click on Start Scan Now to initiate the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on Update All to remove all the driver-based anomalies from your PC.
This is an added step just to ensure that there will not be any issues when you play with your Logitech Gamepad F310 further. It hardly takes 5 minutes, so make sure you do that too.
Solution #3 – Uninstall the Unrecognized Device & Reconnect
If you have got an error that says the USB device was not recognized on connecting the Gamepad, the best thing to do is remove the device completely. This will give it another chance to connect and install the drivers through plug-and-play. Here’s how to do it –
- Press Windows + R to open Run on Windows
- In Run, use the command devmgmt.msc to open the device manager.
- In the Device Manager, look for the Universal Serial Bus Controller. Expand it to find a USB root hub. You can also find an Unknown Device listed there. That Unknown device is your Gamepad.
- Double-click on the device to access its Properties. Here navigate to drivers, and you will have the option to Uninstall Device.
- Click on it and follow the instructions on the screen to remove the affected device.
As soon as you have completed the uninstallation of the USB root hub. The default drives will be installed.
Important : Warning: Please use this solution only when all the other solutions do not work, and importantly find someone with PC knowledge to carry this step out as you might lose your USB ports if something goes wrong.
Give Your Logitech Gamepad F310 One More Chance!
When Logitech Gamepad F310 users face driver failed errors, they tend to replace their Gamepads. However, before taking that extreme step, try the fixes explained above and troubleshoot your problem. Make solving a problem your priority, not vice versa.
We hope this blog provides efficient solutions to fix your gamepad issues. These are tried and tested solutions so that you can rely on their effectiveness. That’s all for this post. To stay ahead of any driver issues that may come in the future, use Advanced Driver Updater.
Good Luck! Catch you at the next one!