The Kotion Each G2000 is a perfect fit for a home gaming setup. It is priced correctly and offers a nice mix and match of usability and style. These trend-looking headphones add to the fun of gaming. However, when playing online games and communicating with your squad when the mic on Kotion Each G2000 stops working, it is frustrating.
So what to do if the mic is not working? Or keeps disconnecting? Or works when connected to the smartphone but show errors on the PC? How can we fix these issues?
These are things we will discuss in this post.
Reasons Why Your Kotion Each G2000 Driver Headphones Mic is Not Working
If you have recently bought the headphone and come across the issue, there can be multiple reasons behind the mic not working correctly.
Reason #1 – The Setup Was Not Done Properly
While the headphone offer plug-and-play facilities, setting them up is essential. If you have tried multiple ports to plug in and plug out the headphone,& the plug-and-play has not worked yet, there might be an issue with the device drivers.
Reason #2 – The Drivers Have Received an Update
The drivers are the core communication points between the connected device (Kotion Each G2000) and the computer. If the drivers are not updated, the device can malfunction, leading to issues like the mic has stopped working.
Reason #3 – Hardware Failure or Connection Issues
While drivers are the culprit in most cases, you can never rule out the probability of a hardware failure or connectivity issue. Sometimes, you need to check the cable connector or connect it to an alternate port to check if it working. Also, if you buy headphones from an unreliable source, chances are that the mic is damaged. Therefore, checking the box and buying from reliable sources is better. These can be the three reasons why your Kotion Each G2000 headphone mic is not working. As you can infer, 2 of these indicate that the issue lies in the drivers. So in the next section, let us understand how to download and update Kotion Each G2000 driver and fix the headphone mic instantly.
How to Download and Update Kotion Each G2000 Driver?
You can download and install the latest Kotion Each G2000 drivers using the methods below.
Method 1 – Check for hardware issues
Before you get into the technicalities of updating drivers, check the hardware for malfucntonality. Ensure the headset is correctly plugged-in and do the following basic checks:
- If the headset is undetected, plug it into an alternate jack.
- Connect the headset to another PC. If it fails to work, you need to contact Kotion for assistance.
If the hardware works fine, try the other methods explained below.
Method 2 – Plug-and-Play
Connect the device again to a different port and let it install the drivers again. The headphones have inbuilt drivers, which makes them easy to use. All you have to do is – plug the headphones into the port, which will automatically start installing the drivers.
If you had previously connected the headphone, but the drivers were half installed, simply follow the given steps.
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run search
- In Run Search, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open the Device Manager.
- There, find your device and right-click on it.
- In the right-click menu, you can find Uninstall device option
- Click on it to remove the half-installed device from your system.
Once you are done removing the device, try the plug-and-play again. Only this time will it work properly.
Must Read:How To Fix Logitech G935 Mic Not Working on PC
Method 3 – Check Microphone Settings
Kotion Each G2000 headsets microphone might stop working if it is not set as a default device or if the microphone is disabled or muted. To fix this, you just need to re-configure the settings.
- Press Windows + R keys to bring up the Run window.
- Type control and click the Enter key.
- Click Sound option.
- Click the Recording tab, right-click on the space, and select Show Disabled devices.
- If you see that the Kotion headset is disabled, right-click on it and select Enable.
- Set the Microphone as the default device. Select it and click Set Default.
- Right-click the Microphone and select Properties.
- Click the Levels tab.
- Check the speaker icon. If the microphone is muted, unmute it and drag the slider to set the Microphone volume to the highest. Click Apply > Ok.
- Now try to use your Kotion Each G2000 device, the mic should be working. If not, it is time to update the drivers.
Method 4 – Download Drivers from Official Website
Direct driver download is the other option if the plug-and-play does not work. Here’s how that works –
- Visit http://www.kotion.cc/
- Click the Services tab > Driver Download.
- Download the driver pack for Kotion Each G2000 by clicking the Download button.
- Once the file is downloaded, double-click on it and follow the installation instructions.
After installing, restart your PC, and your headphones will be ready.
Method 5 – Automatically Update Drivers
Indeed, you can update the drivers by following the regular route and entangle yourself in multiple steps, like visiting the official website or opening the Device Manager and then looking for updates manually. Or you can simplify the process with Advanced Driver Updater, a simple tool dedicated to downloading drivers. This one of the best driver updating tools can instantly download the latest driver update for your Kotion Each G2000. To use it, all you have to do is –
- Download the Advanced Driver Updater.
- Install it on your PC. It hardly takes 2 minutes.
- After installing it, run the application and click Start Scan Now.
- This will initiate a scan to search for all the outdated drivers on your PC.
- Once it finds all of them, it will ask you to update them.
- Click on Update all and relax. The process will be done in the background.
- Once the update is complete, restart your PC, and you will be good to go!
The application searches for the latest driver updates compatible with your PC. It is light on system resources and only takes a few clicks to update drivers. Overall, it makes the update process smooth and easy for any user.
Must Read: How To Fix Phasmophobia Voice Chat Not Working Issue
Method 6 – Grant Access to the Microphone
In some cases updating the driver doesn’t help, as the microphone doesn’t have access permission. To ensure it is granted, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Click Microphone > Change and ensure the Microphone for this device is enabled.
- Also, enable Allow apps to access your microphone and Allow desktop apps to access your microphone options.
- Now try to use your Kotion Each G2000 headset. It should work.
Kotion Each G2000 Headphone Mic not Working – FIXED!
These are the ultimate ways to fix Kotion Each G2000 mic not working error. Once we understand the reason and troubleshoot them, everything returns to normal. The best way to avoid any device-related issues is to keep the drivers updated. Advanced Driver Updater is the easiest and quickest way to detect and update old drivers.
However, in case of hardware issues, you need to contact the respective seller you bought the headphones from, or you can connect with the officials from Kotion Each.
That is all for this post. Hope the information shared here helps you overcome the mic not working error on Kotion Each G2000. Thanks for reading! Good luck.
Fix – No Sound Steam Games Windows 11/10
How to Fix Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver Issue for Windows 11,10,8,7