When trying to print a document using Epson Stylus R260, are you getting the “ACTIVE DIRECTORY DOMAIN SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE” error? Or is the printer jammed and unresponsive?
If you face any such issues, you are in the right place. Here we will discuss different ways to fix the issue and how to download and update the driver.
Reasons for Epson Stylus Photo R260 Printer not working
- Outdated printer driver
- USB terminals not properly connected
- The printer driver was not properly installed
- An issue with the USB cable
- Issues with the power socket
Different Ways to fix Epson Stylus Photo R260 not Working Problem
Several reasons can cause the Epson Stylus printer not to work. Therefore, before following technical troubleshooting steps, let us try some basic fixes and see if they help.
- Check cable connection – Before you reach out to a technician or you think there is an issue with the printer, checking the cable connection is a great idea. Check the USB connection and the connected cables. They should all be in working order. If you suspect there might be an issue with them, re-attach them and try changing the USB port and see if it helps.
- Check the main board – Before printing a document, you should always check whether or not there is a power supply. Sometimes, it so happens that we think we have turned on the power, but we haven’t. Therefore, check the main board and see if it helps.
If no issue with the cable connection and the power supply has been found, let’s move to technical troubleshooting steps, which involve uninstalling and updating the printer driver.
Technical Troubleshooting to fix Epson Stylus not Working Properly Issue
Method 1 – Reinstall Epson Stylus Photo R260 driver
Method 2 – Update Epson Stylus Photo R260 driver manually
Method 3 – Update Epson Stylus Photo R260 automatically (recommended)
Method 1 – Reinstall Epson Stylus Photo R260 driver
After performing all the basic fixes, if the Epson Stylus Photo R260 is still not working, it can be due to incorrect driver installation. To fix it, we suggest reinstalling the driver through Device Manager. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Click the View tab > select Show Hidden Devices.
3. Now go to Print queues category and double-click on it to expand. Then right-click the Epson Stylus Photo R260 printer > select Uninstall device.
4. Click Uninstall to confirm.
5. Again, go to the Print queues and check, as there should be no entry related to Epson Stylus Photo R260 drivers. If you see any, repeat the process and uninstall them.
6. Restart your PC, ensuring the printer is connected, and the driver will be automatically installed.
7. Now try to use the printer. You should not face any problems.
Method 2: Manually update the Epson Stylus Photo R260 driver
To manually download and update Epson Stylus Photo R260, let us first download it. To do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit the Epson printer driver support page.
2. Scroll down and in the search field, type the model of your printer and click Search.
3. Select the printer from the result or enter the name and model number of the printer.
4. You will now be redirected to the driver download page. Select the correct operating system and click the Download button to get the Epson Stylus Photo R260 driver file.
5. Once the driver is downloaded double-click the setup file and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes and then try to use the printer. It should work.
Method 3: Automatically update Epson Stylus Photo R260 (Recommended)
If manually updating the driver is overwhelming, or you are not sure about the version of the operating system and the printer model number, or the driver installation somehow fails, try Advanced Driver Updater.
This excellent driver updating tool for Windows scans your PC for outdated drivers and lists the most compatible drivers. To use Advanced Driver Updater follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch Advanced Driver Updater.
3. Click Start Scan Now to initiate the scan and find outdated drivers.
4. After the scan is completed, go through the list and update the driver. If you are using the trial version, you need to click the Update Driver link next to the printer driver. However, if you are a registered user, click Update All to update all outdated drivers at once.
5. Advanced Driver Updater will update the Epson Stylus Photo R260.
6. Restart the system to apply changes. This should fix the issue.
Advanced Driver Updater scans your PC for outdated drivers and shows the compatible drivers for your computer. Also, it takes a backup of drivers before updating them. Moreover, the paid users get a 60-day money-back guarantee and they can contact support at email@example.com for any assistance.
To know more about Advanced Driver Updater you can read the complete review of the product.
Why use Advanced Driver Updater?
The problem you are facing with Stylus Photo R260 is usually caused due to outdated drivers. Certainly, you can update the drivers manually but finding the exact driver for your Stylus Photo R260 is not easy. If you end up installing an incorrect driver you might even make the system non-functional. Therefore, to avoid facing such issues it is best to automatically update the driver.
A driver updating program like Advanced Driver Updater helps find outdated drivers and updates them easily. It even lets you schedule a scan to update drivers on a regular basis. In addition to that, the tool allows adding incompatible drivers to the exclusion list. Moreover, you are able to save time and all the hassle that you will have to go through when updating a driver manually.
Benefits of Updating Drivers
Most issues you face on a PC like Wi-Fi not working, BSOD, etc are caused by missing or outdated device drivers. To avoid facing such issues and to keep the system optimized it is best to keep drivers updated. When you run the PC with updated drivers you enjoy the following benefits:
- Hardware runs at peak performance.
- Fewer crashes and BSOD errors.
- You are able to enjoy advanced features especially when using video cards and gaming devices.
What do Epson Printer Device Drivers do?
Epson drivers or for that matter any device driver is essential for the communication between the device and the operating system. When they are outdated or not properly installed you face several issues like Epson Stylus Photo R260 not working.
When should you update the R260 drivers?
You should periodically check for driver updates and when updates are available should update R260 device drivers.
Wrapping up –
With this, we come to the end of the troubleshooting guide on how to update Epson Stylus Photo R260 drivers. You can use any of the methods explained above and can update the driver. However, if you are looking for a simple and time-saving method then updating drivers automatically using Advanced Driver Updater is the best choice. The tool will not only help update the Epson driver but will also let you know which drivers are outdated and will help update them.
We hope you find the post helpful and follow the steps to fix the issue. Please share your feedback in the comments section.