I was so excited to use the new HP LaserJet M404n printer, but much to my disappointment, the printer did not work. Tried looking for a solution but all ways explained were technical, and I couldn’t understand them. If you can help me resolve the problem, it will be of great help.
With that being said, you have come to the right. Here we will explain the 2 best and fastest ways to fix the problem.
The best way to fix issues with HP LaserJet Pro M404n is to update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver. Doing so enables all the features, printer supports, and gets it working. Also, if the printer is detected but giving some troubleshooting issues then too driver update helps. Read below to learn how to update the HP LaserJet M404n driver.
2 Best Ways to Update HP LaserJet Pro M404n Driver
Tip: Whenever any device like Bluetooth, printer, mouse, display starts giving trouble, check for the driver updater. Usually, the reason behind screen flickering, printer not working, Bluetooth not connecting and other issues is outdated or missing drivers. Once you update them, most of the problems are solved. To learn how to do that, read the post till the end.
This method is for those who don’t have time, patience, and technical knowledge about how to update the driver. Using this automatic way, without any hassle you can not only update the LaserJet Pro m404n driver but can also update other outdated drivers.
Popularly known as Advanced Driver Updater, this standalone utility to update drivers is easy to use. Also, to show the correct driver update it automatically scans the system and device. This helps in cross-checking the reference with the database and showing correct driver updates.
Available both as the free and paid versions, Advanced Driver Updater is a must-have tool to update drivers.
An outdated driver can be updated manually either via Device Manager or by visiting the official site. To use these methods you need time, patience, and computer skills as it involves risk. Therefore, when opting for the manual method pay attention to minor details also. This will keep you protected from downloading and installing incorrect driver updates.
Method 1 – Download and update HP LaserJet Pro M404n Driver using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
Used by both beginners and advanced users, this method is the best way to update outdated, problematic, and corrupt drivers. Using it in no time all the drivers can be updated. Moreover, Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver updater, takes a backup of outdated drivers before updating them.
Also, the driver updates it shows come directly from the manufacturer and are tested. Here’s how to use Advanced Driver Updater to update outdated drivers.
Most importantly, to use Advanced Driver Updater, you don’t need to know the exact system details. Also, the risk of downloading an incorrect driver is not there. Here’s how to use it.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Launch the top utility to update drivers
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for the process to finish.
4. When done, review scan results.
5. If you are using the trial version of the product, click the Update driver next to the HP LaserJet drivers.
However, if you are using the registered version, you can click Update All to update all in a go.
The registered version comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and technical support.
6. Once the driver is updated, restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to use your HP LaserJet M404n printer, it should not give any issues.
Method 2 – Manually update LaserJet Pro M404n driver
To update the driver manually you can either visit the manufacturer’s website or can head to the Driver Manager. Here we will explain both methods to update HP LaserJet Pro M404 driver.
Manually Updating via Website
1. Click here to visit the manufacturer’s website.
2. Next, expand the list by clicking Driver-Product Installation Software
3. To download the driver, click Download.
4. Wait for the process to finish.
5. Double-click the setup file and follow on-screen instructions.
6. Now, try to use the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer, you should not face any problem.
Alternatively, you can update the driver using Device Manager. Here’s how to do that.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Look for Printers. Double click on it.
3. You will now see HP LaserJet Pro M404n > right-click > Update driver.
4. In the new window that open, click Search automatically for drivers. Windows will now look for driver updates. If available, you will be notified, and it will be installed in the background.
5. In case you get the message you have the best driver running, we suggest checking for Windows Update. If that is available install the update > restart the system and then try to use the HP LaserJet M404 printer.
This should surely help.
Wrap Up –
Hopefully, we were able to answer how to update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver on your Windows. It depends on the user which method he chooses. However, if you ask for our recommendation, we go with Advanced Driver Updater. This is because using it helps save time, also there’s no risk of downloading an incorrect driver.
In case you know of any other method, do share the same with us. Your feedback is valuable to us. For any product related queries, please send an email to email@example.com