PremierOpinion is a PUP adware that claims to reward you with gifts in exchange for your opinions on certain products. However, in hindsight, it collects and sells your browsing data to the highest bidder and also slows down your PC by taking up a hefty chunk of RAM for background processing.
Suppose you are a freeware user or download free software from any sources online. In that case, you may find the PremierOpinion process on your device, taking up more space than any other application.
“What is PremierOpinion on my computer?” is a legit question, considering it hampers your experience by slowing down your computer.
While it won’t harm your computer or infect it with any virus, PremierOpinion definitely impacts how you use it. It shows you unnecessary popup ads and surveys and sometimes redirects you to unnecessary websites for no reason. Not only that, it even collects your data and shares it online, which is a problem, let alone other impacts.
So what can be done to resolve this problem? That is exactly the aim of this blog. Read on to identify ways you can eliminate PremierOpinion from your device, once and for all.
But before that, let us understand how this adware finds its way into your PC.
How PremierOpinion Makes Its Way into Your PC?
PremierOpinion is not a direct piece of application but a PUP adware created to disguise and enter your system. Developed by VoiceFive Networks Inc., the tool finds its way into a user’s PC through the company’s strategy of bundled marketing. This means whenever you download free software from any third-party website, freeware like PremierOpinion may come bundled with it.
If you do not pay attention to the download process, and keep clicking on Next (like the majority of users do), you might install the adware yourself.
Is It Harmful?
The program is classified as adware, a type of virus. However, it is not harmful to the device. PremierOpinion is also grouped as a PUP, which clearly indicates why you must avoid it in the first place.
While it might not harm your device by infecting it, it surely has its downsides. These include –
- Slowing down of system performance due to PremierOpinion’s high RAM usage
- Data theft and sharing issues inbuilt with the adware.
- Shows unnecessary ads and popups on your browser, sometimes in the PC background.
Since the program is installed without a user’s direct consent, the existence of such a program is surely problematic on the device. Hence it is better to get rid of it.
How to Remove PremierOpinion from My Computer?
Getting rid of PremierOpinion is surely a typical task. However, it is possible! There are three major steps to removing PremierOpinion from your computer. These steps are as follows –
Step 1 – Identify the Process & Uninstall it From the PC
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager
- Scroll through the running processes to find the PremierOpinion
- Select the running process and end it to close the application.
- Now press Windows + R to open the Run Search utility
- In the Run Search, use the command-control appwiz.cpl
his will bring up all the applications installed on your system.
- Find and uninstall the PremierOpinion application from here.
- Restart your computer once you have removed the application completely.
Read Also: How to Fix Windows 11 High Disk Usage
Step 2 – Remove Plug-ins & Other Traces of PremierOpinion
- Go to your browser and open its settings.
- In settings, look for extensions and plug-ins.
- Check for unnecessary plug-ins that you do not remember adding
- Remove all of them, including the PremierOpinion extension.
- Restart the browser and check if the extension is removed.
Step 3 – Use a Dedicated Antivirus to Keep Infectious Programs Away
- Once you have successfully removed every component from the device, use an antivirus to ensure the infected files are removed or fixed.
- You may use any antivirus software that supports real-time shields to protect the system from such applications and scans for errors.
- We recommend that you go for T9 Antivirus software. This will not only help you scan your device or foul applications but will also assist in keeping the system clean.
- Use Quick Scan by T9 Antivirus to understand the dynamics of your PC and resolve minor issues instantly.
- Keep the shields ON so the PC stays protected, even when you are not looking.
Combining these 3 steps and practicing ways to avoid PUPs will help ensure that such applications do not find their way into your PC.
Congratulations! PremierOpinion has been Successfully Removed
Programs like PremierOpinion appear to be harmless in the beginning, which is also why they can sustain on your PC for a longer time. However, that never means it will not affect the system’s integrity and performance.
Hence, it is better to have a security strategy that allows you to prevent such issues from occurring. Using a 360 antivirus like T9 may help. Download it today and let us know in the comments how it helps you.
That’ll be all for this one. Thanks for reading. Good luck!