Has it ever happened to you that you opened your ThinkPad just to encounter a black screen? Don’t be worried. Resolving Lenovo desktop black screen is not as difficult as you think! There might be several causes for this problem, like a loose GPU connection, a broken port, a malfunctioning display driver, or something else. This post addresses all these issues and helps fix the problem using the workable solutions listed below.
Common Reasons for Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Black Screen
- Problematic graphics card
- Corrupt system files
- Faulty laptop battery
- Issues with power supply
Best Ways to Fix Lenovo ThinkPad e15 Black Screen Issue
Method 1 – Reset Screen Mode
Sometimes, when Windows loses its connection to the screen display, you face the black screen issue. Using the following steps, reset the display mode.
- To reset connection press Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B
- This will help fix the display issue on Lenovo ThinkPad.
Method 2 – Update Graphics Driver
Manually Update Graphics Driver From The Manufacturer’s Website
- Go to Lenovo Support.
- Click Support > Driver & Software.
- Search for the Lenovo ThinkPad e15.
- Next, click Manual Update > Graphics Processing Units (GPU) and Server-AI Accelerators.
- Download the setup file by clicking the download icon under See Files
- Run the setup file to install the driver update.
- Reboot the PC so that changes can take effect.
2.1 – Update Driver Through Device Manager
- Press Windows + X > select Device Manager.
- Go to Display adapter category > double click to expand it > right-click the name of the driver > Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for Windows to check for driver updates. If there’s an update, it will be automatically installed in the background.
- Restart the PC to apply the change.
This will help update the graphics driver on Lenovo ThinkPad e15.
2.2 – Updating Lenovo Driver Automatically
Driver updates may be time-consuming and complicated. As a consequence, we suggest you use Advanced Driver Updater. Both the free and registered version of the Windows driver upgrading utility will detect and update outdated drivers.
. The Trial version allows updating a single driver. However, the Registered version lets you update all outdated drivers simultaneously.
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
- Click Start Scan Now and wait for the tool to scan the Lenovo ThinkPad e15 G2 for the outdated driver.
- Wait for the scanning to complete.
- Review scan results and update the outdated drivers.
- Restart the PC to apply changes.
Method 3 – Disable Fast Startup
To boot the system faster, Windows 10 provide an incredible feature called Fast start-up. Sometimes this method messes up things and can be the reason behind black screen issues. To ensure that is not the case, disable fast startup and check things.
- Press Windows + R to open Run Window.
- Type powercfg.cpl > press Enter key.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast start-up > Save changes.
- Exit the window and restart the TouchPad to see if it helps.
With the help of these tips, you can quickly fix the black screen issues on Lenovo ThinkPad e15 G2. To keep drivers updated and avoid facing any problems caused due to outdated drivers, use Advanced Driver Updater. The tool will help keep drivers updated and deal with any driver-related issues.
If you like the post, Disable fast startup and check things, please share it with others and share your feedback in the comments section.